PDA

View Full Version : Pekin ASA Qualifier

Sonny Thomas
05-04-2014, 03:02 PM
2nd full 3D of the year.... Wow! Had near a dozen in by this time last year. Long story, but not for here... ASA Qualifier, me, Super Senior and all unknown distances for the 30 targets. I did better than I thought I would. Had one 5, seven 12s and the rest 8s and 10s. Finished with a 291, which ain't either real good or real bad. Only of Super Senior I spoke with had a 286. One Super Senior wasn't having a good time. So new Secretary for the club I don't know when scores will be posted..

Best part of the Qualifier, well, actually two things; One, I had fun. Two; I had more fun shooting with a Open C shooter. Open C is a all Known class and they can use range finders. I lucked out with a 291 and he shot a 290.

Super Senior and Open C are limited to a maximum of 40 yards. Our closest target was a 22 yards. After 22 yards, my 28 to 38 scale got a work out. Only the last target was 40 yards and I didn't give it enough "gas" and shot a 8, dead center, just low of the 12 ring.

Sonny Thomas
05-05-2014, 11:39 AM
Just got the news. I finished 1st... Pure luck with the way I've been shooting.

Don B
05-05-2014, 04:03 PM
Sonny,
Congrats on finally getting in a full 3-D and on the great shooting.
Don.

Sonny Thomas
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks, Don. I was beginning to wonder though.... It's been a tough year with my parents, brother and sister and the dang weather.

Saturday night when we went to bed it was raining. Got up Sunday morning, no rain, but while getting ready to go to the shoot our furnace kicked in twice, 38 degrees. But it warmed up and turned out just a great day...

elkslayer4x5
05-06-2014, 10:16 AM
Sonny, Congrats on your win and finally getting a full 3D shoot in. Darn weather sure can mess with a guy! :)