PDA

View Full Version : Shot a club 3-D on Saturday.

Don B
05-05-2014, 08:57 AM
My club has a members only 3-D league, they call it the Scalps-N-Skins. There are 5 unmarked yardage 24 targets, one arrow each target shoots.
The shoot is open to the public to shoot for fun, no awards.
At the end of the year club awards dinner the winner is announced for each class and receives an award for the Scalps-N-Skins.
This was the second shoot of the league, 3 shoots to go.
Here are a few pics.
Don.

topnock
05-05-2014, 10:17 AM
i like them target stands. im assuming they work pretty well?

Sonny Thomas
05-05-2014, 08:49 PM
Our club doesn't do anything, but hold 3Ds... Not even a membership shoot for end of the year :(

Those "T" stands work okay on flat ground and smaller targets. The only problem I see is when pulling arrows and nothing there to hold the target stands in place. We have ours made out of angle iron with holes drilled through for steel stakes. Them bigger 3D targets, elk, caribou, buffalo, need anchored well....

Don B
05-06-2014, 09:58 AM
Sonny,
The stands are more like a V, they are used on even the real big targets like the Caribou and Buffalo.
Oh and I might add, I was the only one shooting non-sights in our group.
Don.

bigbob29
05-06-2014, 05:42 PM
good shooting Don, hows the shoulder going?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-06-2014, 05:51 PM
As usual Great shooting Don!

Hutch

Don B
05-06-2014, 06:18 PM
Shoulder is doing good, I shot this 3-D with my hand.
Don.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-06-2014, 06:22 PM
That is cool! good to hear as well! Guess the old doc knew what he is doing!

Hutch

Don B
05-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Yeah he does, but not that I am shooting my bow with my hand.
He doesn't even want me going back to work for another 60 days. I go back next Monday.
Light duty with a max of 3 pounds pushing, pulling and lifting.
He and Sue both would probably skin me alive...hee hee.
Don.

Sonny Thomas
05-07-2014, 11:04 AM
Sonny,
The stands are more like a V, they are used on even the real big targets like the Caribou and Buffalo.
Oh and I might add, I was the only one shooting non-sights in our group.
Don.

Don, I was relating of the yo-yos who like to pull the arrow and not hold the target. Seen targets moved all over, turned. Anchored, they ain't moving...

otisT
05-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Hope the arm heals well. Don't overdo... Amazed I didn't notice your arm sling was off until you mentioned it, but always vicariously enjoy seeing your signature cut out fletching on the Deer Crossing arrows; always there in the kill zones, Don. Ahhh would you mind deleting the middle picture... JK ! I think the picture makes it look lower than it is... best... o

Don B
05-08-2014, 08:49 AM
Hope the arm heals well. Don't overdo... Amazed I didn't notice your arm sling was off until you mentioned it, but always vicariously enjoy seeing your signature cut out fletching on the Deer Crossing arrows; always there in the kill zones, Don. Ahhh would you mind deleting the middle picture... JK ! I think the picture makes it look lower than it is... best... o
Otis,
At least I am not kneeling down behind the pig.....LOL
The feathers I shoot are from Gator Vanes. Just follow the link in my signature. You should try them, best fletching I have ever used, you would like them.
Don.