PDA

View Full Version : Whats your thoughts?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Whats your thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB5aIhBS4_g

Hutch

Don B
05-16-2014, 07:27 PM
On the fence about that.
Don.

elkslayer4x5
05-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Muzzy 100 gr 3 blade! Been around a long time for a good reason, they're tough as nails, and they work! Cost less as well.
http://www.lancasterarchery.com/muzzy-100-gr-3-blade-broadheads.html

Durandal
05-18-2014, 08:45 PM
The Physics in the design are sound. Having said that, friction and resistance of meat and bones never showed up in my exams ;) I'm kind of glad for that, would have made me wonder real hard about that teacher....

They sure look fancy though!

elkslayer4x5
05-19-2014, 08:38 AM
Remind me of the crimson talons. Either the curved blades are strong or thats soft wood, but I'm pretty sure that a straight blade will cut with less resistence than one that has to twist through, although it should leave a massive blood trail, if you can get them to fly accuratly.

Sonny Thomas
05-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Forget the guy's name, but a well known pistol hunter and Tournament Champion; "Man's tests and real world are two different things."

I couldn't get along with Muzzy. Just when I thought I had them flying great, wind plane something terrible.

I couldn't get along the G5. Just wouldn't fly out of my bow, 100 grs, and my wife's bow, 85 grs.

I dropped a bunch of deer, 30 plus, with the NAP 100 gr mechanical Shock Wave and never a failure.

Tried the wicked NAP Braxe and came away wondering if was any good.

Realtree cheapos, WalMart Specials (;)), the Chiz-L and Gunnison. Ask in the Realtree forum and those boys will tell you they are crap, junk, waste of money. I killed deer with both of them and no failures. I probably could sharpen them and shoot again.

Braxe looks wicked and impressive and that's about all. Only once did I get a complete pass through. 3 sheets of 3/8" plywood divided by 2X4s and 6" deep into a target bale from 20 yards. 62 pound bow, 29" draw, 270 fps.
You can't see the cuts, but the 6 holes show a spiral effect. Again, just looks impressive...
Blade is sharp from the curve to the main body and as usual from upper point back. And they are sharp. Pick up one and you instantly know to be dang careful. I swear if you looked too hard you'd bleed.

droppixel
05-19-2014, 12:35 PM
Not my flavor

Tosi
05-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Slick Trick Mag 100g, no issues ever.

bfisher
05-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Always seems to be somebody coming out with "the latest and greatest" gimmick. Sorry, but give me a good, strong, sharp, straight blade every time. Good golly, I still have 75gr and 100gr Innerloc heads that I got for nothing 11 years ago. Anything that is curved or curlyques has to impede penetration. They create more friction and cannot defy the laws of physics. Furthermore, no broadhead is capable of making a hole larger than it's cutting diameter.

elkslayer4x5
05-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Yeah.. What Barry said!

wscywabbit
05-22-2014, 07:44 PM
I dunno, I've been watching those Toxic blades since they came out last year. I understand what you guys are saying about the physics of a straight line vs. a curve, but dang they look wicked! And the other videos showing wound channels and potential blood loss are devastating... I haven't pulled the trigger on a set of them yet, but it's awful tempting. I don't think a broadhead target would last very long against them LOL.