PDA

View Full Version : Any information Diablo vs Panther?

Stevtech
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
If the following is true, what are the upgrades? I have seen no specifics.

Copied from Archerytalk.com forum:

MARTIN CEO

MARTIN CEO is offline Registered User

We actually replaced the diablo with an improved version and it has been getting great reviews. As for Hoyt, We actually didn't have time to look at anyone else's bows since we took over in October and had to have the Panther complete for a January launch. The response at the shows has been amazing when people shoot the panther and I have heard some comparisons to other manufacturers higher priced takedowns but it was all driven here internally at Martin...
Rich

bfisher
05-21-2014, 07:52 PM
I saw the Panther at the Great American Outdoor Show while working the Martin booth. Having a Diablo I have to say they are the same bow with a different name.

themiddleman
05-22-2014, 01:07 AM
The Diablo was a three-piece riser and the panther is a one-piece riser. Other than that they are pretty similar.

Stevtech
05-22-2014, 08:56 AM
The Diablo was a three-piece riser and the panther is a one-piece riser. Other than that they are pretty similar.

It seems like that is quite a big change. When I was researching buying a Diablo I read that it was the three piece riser instead of being machined out of a solid piece is what saved them the money and allowed them to make it at a low cost.
If the function is the same why would they increase manufacturing costs?
I can see were it might just be a trade off. More assembly also means more costs and possible rework.
I guess I will just have to watch my bow, if I notice any seperation, sell it cheap to someone pointing out why I am selling it, and get a panther.

elkslayer4x5
05-22-2014, 09:29 AM
If the Diablo's riser is any thing like the 3 piece compound risers of a few years ago, I doubt that anyone will see any seperation of the three sections. The older risers were pinned and epoxied. Seems to me that there would a lot more stress on a 70# compound riser than on the riser of a 30-50# recurve.