PDA

View Full Version : Dealer's in south Texas.

pittbulldan83
05-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Every former dealer in San Antonio area said that martin has closed or they went out of business. We all know that isn't true. Why has no representatives from Martin been going in to shops and getting them to carry some models so people can see there bows. I would love to shoot one or even just see a new one to check it out.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
I think you will find they are doing both knocking on doors as well as calling. But to rebuild what is gone will take a while. Especially when you have to rebuild the customers confidence level.

Hutch

FishingandHuntingUSA
05-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Martin is cold calling and they have a couple rep groups but everyone only has 2 hands and can only do so much.
Any dealers you know have them call me I would be more than happy to set them up as a dealer.
251-943-5585
Greg

pittbulldan83
05-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Well there is only 4 shops in San Antonio and one is dominant bowtech one is dominant mathews and one is pse parker and everything in that price range. He said he was Martins number 1 dealer in the area but he hasn't heard from them in like 2 or 3 years. He's the one who told me they closed. That is Viking archery. Then there's Gassmans they do all they can to try and help anyone.

typically8
05-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Yup, you could at least see some of them at Academy and Dick's.

elkslayer4x5
05-28-2014, 09:52 AM
Isn't Bass Pro Shop stocking Martins? Or are there no BPS in Texas? :confused:

bfisher
05-28-2014, 02:57 PM
Isn't Bass Pro Shop stocking Martins? Or are there no BPS in Texas? :confused:

Some are and some aren't. I don't know if they (BPS) are setting up a pilot program or what to see if the bows sell. We had the same situation at Gander Mountain when I worked for them. They have buyer who are familiar with a certain part of the country and often place orders for all their stores based on knowledge of their areas. For example I remember GM having Pronghorn decoys here is our central Pa. store. Now the nearest Pronghorn might be about 1,000 miles from here so what good are those decoys here. The office is in the midwest so what does that tell you.

Arrow Splitter
05-28-2014, 02:58 PM
There are multiple BSP in Texas as well.

A.S

elkslayer4x5
05-29-2014, 11:01 AM
There are multiple BSP in Texas as well.

A.S

Figured that there would be, seems to be a lot of Bass fishing in the southern part of the US. :)