PDA

View Full Version : New Moab

jimbow
03-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Picked up my new Moab at the Pro Shop today. Set it up at 60# at 29". Added a whisker bisquit, Cobra "Boomslang" sight and 5 arrow Alpine quiver. Just need to get the sights dialed in. A little more twang to it than I remember from testing it out, but probably a result of the accessories. Having a little trouble with the peep "twisting" betweeen shots. Was hoping I wouldn't have to use the usual tubing to keep it straight, but I guess I may need to. Any idea if this will straighten itself out after the string stretches a bit?

Bozwell
03-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Had the same problem with my Rytera. Run 200-300 shots through it to set the string and then try 1/2 twist on the top end of the string.

Jacko
03-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Get some shots through it and then I've had to add up to 5 or 6 twists to get it to stop. I don't do this all at once, just a 1/2 at a time, can be time consuming, but once I get it, peep stays and no problems.

Darrenhood
03-11-2008, 01:52 PM
My Bengal string was doing the same thing. Drove me nuts. Even after it'd settle down, it still rotated a lot from brace to full draw. I set it about 7:00 at brace, viewed from above & it'd rotate to about 5:30 at full draw. Now it's realy tightened up, goes from about 6:30 at brace to about 5:30.

Was getting ready to switch back to the rubber tube peep, glad I waited.

flytier17
03-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep, pure dyneema strings. Once they settle, they are fantastic. Very good material.

jimbow
03-16-2008, 10:36 PM
Ok. I got the STS installed and it definitely quieted the bow down. I'm quite happy with it now. I also had the dealer tweak the string and peep a bit and it seems to be fine for now. It has a tendency to want to twist on occasion, but I suspect that with a bit more shooting, it will settle in. Very happy with the bow. Shoots so well I have to be careful about not shooting at the same spot twice for fear of ruining my arrows.