PDA

View Full Version : Worst piece of equipment you wouldn't recommend?

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-08-2014, 07:54 AM
What was the worst piece of Archery equipment you wouldn't recommend?
Something you used and it was a flop!
Fill us in so we don't make the same mistake!

Hutch

elkslayer4x5
06-08-2014, 10:05 AM
Fortunatly, I got nothing on that list! :)

daiwateampenn
06-16-2014, 08:01 PM
rheostat light
i dont see the different with and without. i shoot outdoor and sun is So hot and bright. so with or without does not make any difference.

level bubble.
i bought an additional level bubble, end of the day, i just donno where to place or find a sweet spot on the bow for the level bubble.
still in the store room since day one.

Some China made Broadhead
So cheap, half price and double in quantity. JUNK.
either it does not fly true, or the blade just come loose.

bfisher
06-16-2014, 10:20 PM
To put a bit of humor in this thread I'd have to say the worst thing I ever bought was my first compound bow back in 1974. Since then I've spent about as much on archery equipment as I paid for my house.

Sonny Thomas
06-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Things to consider; What if a company that gives you good freebies has a bad product? What about if your sponsor has a product kind of shabby?

daiwateampenn
06-17-2014, 02:03 AM
Things to consider; What if a company that gives you good freebies has a bad product? What about if your sponsor has a product kind of shabby?

Sponsorship is like a business partner for advertisement. We have to say good even if its not good (that is what working life is... we lie).

elkslayer4x5
06-17-2014, 09:18 AM
To put a bit of humor in this thread I'd have to say the worst thing I ever bought was my first compound bow back in 1974. Since then I've spent about as much on archery equipment as I paid for my house.

The key question is when you bought the house, first house I bought cost less than the last car I bought. :)

elcid99
06-17-2014, 09:26 AM
I recently bought a target that seemed like a solid buy...front shoulder / vitals w scoring rings (think Delta McKenzie, but not positive)....that thing is horrible...15-20 field points in it & it looks like a Rinehart after 15,000-20,000 arrows. Should have just flushed 55.00 down the toilet!

Don B
06-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Never had anything I wasn't happy with.
Don.

otisT
06-17-2014, 12:57 PM
That's funnier than the "FREE KITTENS" sign down at our Vet's....

TEN RING
06-17-2014, 03:05 PM
punkett blood trailer broadheads

Ehunter
06-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Probably the worst was a "3 point" seat for ground blind hunting. (Tripod type stool) That 3rd point sticking up between your legs gets painful after a while. Used one of them 3 times before the front attachment broke, got 4 trips out of the other one before it snapped.
I've bought several broadheads that were far less than satisfactory as well. Had several come apart in a foam target on the first shot. Several that rattled like crazy when shot, and a few that were so far from true that you couldn't even shoot them. Well, you could once........

typically8
06-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Anything made by Game Winner is in my mind just really cheaply made especially clothing.

bfisher
06-18-2014, 07:38 AM
The key question is when you bought the house, first house I bought cost less than the last car I bought. :)

Bought my house in 1977, a little 900 sq/ft rancher ($35,000), which I'm still in today. Original plan was to upgrade after about 5 years, but due to work it didn't happen. Kind of small with wife and 2 kids, but after a few years the kids were always outside. Then they grew up and out and the place is plenty big enough for just the two of us now.

Getting serious, and back on track, I can't think of much that was a total flop in archery. Bows, broadheads, arrows, releases, you name it? All pretty good for their day but much everything is so improved from the 70's so anything that I would consider not to use isn't even available any more. Only one thing comes to mid right now and that would be those old Cobra stabilizers that were nothing but a hunk of machined steel about 4" long---totally worthless. A stabilizer less than about 10" long is not really a stabilizer anyway. It's just a hunk of weight.

Montalaar
06-20-2014, 12:09 PM
Truball alloy Release Loop... Still have it somewhere. Due to the high weight the string hit the bow window and damaged the arrow rest and cut the bow arm open..

bfisher
06-20-2014, 12:15 PM
Hey, welcome back Simon? Long time no hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montalaar
06-22-2014, 01:11 AM
Uhm, i posted a video in the Photo session a few days ago.. ;)

Lung Buster
08-19-2014, 11:10 AM
TRU Ball Spyder Speed string silencers!!! Absolute garbage!!

GB3YO
08-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Anything Martin Makes !

Really your gonna come on Martin tech form and bash Martins just cause they kicked u off AT

GB3YO
08-20-2014, 06:16 PM
Why even be on a forum if u dont like the product the forum is about was all Im sayin sorry bought your bad luck on AT

FishingandHuntingUSA
08-20-2014, 06:41 PM
Why even be on a forum if u dont like the product the forum is about was all Im sayin sorry bought your bad luck on AT

He's gone we will not tolerate that on this forum

Rangerj
08-20-2014, 07:00 PM
Good.

wscywabbit
08-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Looks like I should have checked this thread out a few hours ago... I missed all the fun with the bashing and the banning LOL. Good job kicking butt moderators, thank you!

JWStory
10-17-2014, 05:56 AM
First time post....only been back into bow hunting for about 4 years. Bout 20 years ago I had a High Country blow up on me....cable snapped at full draw. Long story short.....High Country fixed it and I sold it shortly there after.

Been lucky so far.....not wasted any money. I've owned 3 Martins, 1 PSE, and 1 Bear in the last 4 years and all has been good.

CLT Bluesman
10-17-2014, 07:52 AM
I had a rangefinder about 30 years ago. You looked through it and adjusted two images until they were one and then read the range. At the time I thought it was bad a$$. I may still have it. Also some kind of stabilizer I had that had string coming out of it, that you attached to the arrow. Also about 30 years ago. But the winner was the Baker tree stand. Used it once. I got stuck up in the tree, hanging by the hand climber, feet pointed down. I don't know how I got down! Harrowing. Never used it again.

Tosi
10-17-2014, 11:20 AM
BCY 8125 was the worst, loud, a lot of vibration and not forgiving.

CLT Bluesman
10-17-2014, 06:52 PM
First time post....only been back into bow hunting for about 4 years. Bout 20 years ago I had a High Country blow up on me....cable snapped at full draw. Long story short.....High Country fixed it and I sold it shortly there after.

Been lucky so far.....not wasted any money. I've owned 3 Martins, 1 PSE, and 1 Bear in the last 4 years and all has been good.

Welcome to the forum, lots of nice guys here, willing to help.

EnglishKev
10-18-2014, 11:06 AM
I had a rangefinder about 30 years ago. You looked through it and adjusted two images until they were one and then read the range. At the time I thought it was bad a$$. I may still have it. .

I still have one LoL.
Mine is the 75yd model (pocket sized), my buddy had the 600yd one (much bigger!).

Kev

otisT
10-18-2014, 12:43 PM
May I assume this is not the forum to mention ex wives?

Montalaar
10-18-2014, 01:38 PM
BCY 8125 was the worst, loud, a lot of vibration and not forgiving.

lol, still using it on some of my rigs..

ElkSlayer
10-18-2014, 05:01 PM
I had a rangefinder about 30 years ago. You looked through it and adjusted two images until they were one and then read the range. At the time I thought it was bad a$$. I may still have it. Also some kind of stabilizer I had that had string coming out of it, that you attached to the arrow.

LMAO I too have those products. I was king of the Block when i got that rangefinder, 60 yard camo model .I gave it to my son when he was 10, may even be in is pack, But I doubt it. Heck if it is he can remove it to save weight... God what a pain in the ... that thing was always need to reset it at a know yardage yea like this is helpful to an archer.

Now That Deer tracker string filled staby..Got that for Christmas one year from a shirt tail relative. Cool I THOUGHT... I out fit the bow with it hook the little spring hook gizmo to my arrow Take a tester shot. The dental floss type string,(That sort of spider webs when caught on a bush) didn't seam to have much affect on arrow flight, so hey works good I'm game time to hit the woods with it.

Fast forward a few months its deer season. I dig the string tracker out of the gun cabinet. put it back on and hit the woods. Not 15 min out of the rig I have this String doing exactly what it was designed for It is wrapped up ON every fern and branch in the redwood forest after the 3rd time, and about 100 yards of that string waded up in my pocket I removed it. I did reattach it once I was in a stationary position. used on that one trip. Tossed it back in the gun cabinet. That was 27 years ago. I guess its got some 800 yards left...lol I still have that darn thing if any one wants a headache :cool: It's a classic