PDA

View Full Version : This is a truly great site w even better people

elcid99
06-20-2014, 05:31 PM
I am a relative newbie to the MartinTech site, but it is truly awesome. Because he is a jumble man, I won't say the name of one Vet who served our country for years as a proud member of the 101st Airborne, but heis like so many members-selfless.

I had to twist this gentleman's arm to take anything for a brand new set of Nitro 3.0 cams.

He & others here define what this sport/lifestyle is all about!

Arrow Splitter
06-20-2014, 05:45 PM
I agree with you 100%. The members make the forum, and I appreciate the way the members on here treat each other.:) It makes my job easier as well.;)

A.S

elcid99
06-20-2014, 09:36 PM
I believe it. This will sound a bit silly to some, especially younger folks, but this.truly is something the founding fathers of modern archery would be proud of. My dad met Mr. Bear, as in Fred, and the man was willing to share every ounce of his knowledge with anyone who had a passion for archery. The site would make Mr. G Martin very proud. Kudos to all who share their experiences, knowledge, and equipment with the remaining few who share the passion many folks on sites like AT just seem to lack.

As long as we all remember that we once didn't know the meaning of ATA or BH, and we speak/reply with complete respect to those who ask the most basic questions questions, the love these great men shared for the sport/way of life will continue.

God bless everyone, the passion we share for archery, and our wonderful Country where this is possible.....In case people were wondering, the Martin Militia never died.

webbnate_45
06-22-2014, 09:49 PM
elcid99 I couldn't agree with you more. I am somewhat a newbie myself having just returned to archery about 6 months ago after a long hiatus. I say I am new because so much changed with bows from when I was younger so I am relearning a lot of things. This site and the people on it are an unending source of knowledge and everyone is polite and always willing to help and answer any questions folks may have. I have learned a ton just reading through older posts. God bless you too sir.

bfisher
06-23-2014, 07:34 AM
You guys are gonna make me cry. Nice to hear such good reviews of this site. Since the days I became an admin, with the gracious help of some others, we drew up some "rules of engagement", if I can use the phrase. One of those rules is that everybody has different views and should be respected. I don't know how many actually read the rules, but it just seems that we have members here who are willing to share their experiences and show respect for each other and promote Martin Archery and the sport of archery/bowhunting in general. As such, there is little in the way of policing needs done, making the job of the mods and myself so much easier. To that end, I would like to thank all the active members.

elkslayer4x5
06-23-2014, 08:07 AM
I'll have to confess, I've never read the rules of this site, I've just repsonded as everyone else here does, Basically followed that "Golden Rule" taught me by my parents and grandparents, Do unto others....:)

elcid99
06-23-2014, 08:35 AM
I didn't intend to come across as a sap when I started this thread. I was trying to say that the way people interact on here is the way we as archers/hunters treated each other 20+ years ago. Not that anyone on here would need to, but folks on here don't hide behind a computer like so many do on another site.

New to this site, but certainly not a new archer. Respect has been the name of the game since I started slinging arrows over 25 years ago. If someone has an opinion, people realize it & respond accordingly....agree/disagree or whatever, but from what I have seen people are not attacked for for.simply providing an opinion. The folks on AT attack one another & many times respond with fighting words for nearly everything.....I feel rather sorry for them as they are not happy people.

So, it is nice to see mods who are involved in discussing archery vs having to police a site. I hope the new brass at Martin realize what they have....experienced archers who not only love Martin bows, but more important, truly treat others as they would like to be treated.

As mxtuner might say, well done "gents."

bfisher
06-23-2014, 12:14 PM
elcid99,

You didn't come as a sap so don't need to apologize for anything. What's more, most times I'm a happy go lucky guy so please read some posts with humor in mind. And I do know what you men about AT. I spend a lot of time on their, too, but have gotten to a point that I lurk more than post. Now go have fun with the guys on here. Bye Bye.

elcid99
06-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Lurking on AT is like watching a train wreck or MMA fight...you can't help yourself. Sad too. I admit many bows are out there, but man those Mathews folks believe a deer has never been double lunged by any other bow.....heck, they truly think pros shoot them bc they are superior....they don't understand that those dudes who shoot pro can put most of us to shame w my bear whitetail....not exactly a pleasure to shoot, but they could dot an i & cross a t with it!

Sonny Thomas
06-25-2014, 08:48 AM
Rules? We got rules? Yeah, well, I always thought this place a decent establishment until they started talking about archery ;)

elkslayer4x5
06-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Lol

bfisher
06-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Rules? We got rules? Yeah, well, I always thought this place a decent establishment until they started talking about archery ;)

Good thing I know you're just kidding.

Sonny Thomas
06-26-2014, 09:51 AM
Good thing I know you're just kidding.

I'll think of a snappy come back after I read the rules ;)

bfisher
06-26-2014, 10:52 AM
I'll think of a snappy come back after I read the rules ;)

I'll be waiting with the HAMMER, LOL.

elcid99
06-26-2014, 02:18 PM
Honestly, how many times have you broken out the ban hammer?

Arrow Splitter
06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
I've used it hundreds of times....

On Spammers! LOL:D

A.S

bfisher
06-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Honestly, how many times have you broken out the ban hammer?

Truthfully? A close guess would be about 6,000 times or more. For members who got too far out of line? Twice in about 5 years. Why? You want some? LOL!!!

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-26-2014, 07:41 PM
Barry banned me once! ;)

Hutch

bfisher
06-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Barry banned me once! ;)

Hutch

Then reinstated him and invited him to be a moderator---and a good one at that. A real asset to this site.

elcid99
06-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Truthfully? A close guess would be about 6,000 times or more. For members who got too far out of line? Twice in about 5 years. Why? You want some? LOL!!!

2.... Packing a small hammer or rubber mallet?

I do understand banning Hutch....that man is straight trouble! Haha.....did he say something that was too nice?

elcid99
06-26-2014, 11:20 PM
I've seen the spam count. Not sure how that works, but kind of scary

Arrow Splitter
06-27-2014, 04:20 AM
I've seen the spam count. Not sure how that works, but kind of scary
Well, the good news is it doesn't work anymore. We cleaned the member's list of spammers a few years ago, and now with updates etc. we don't have that problem.:cool: Sure, some still survive to post, but not for long.;)

A.S

elcid99
06-27-2014, 12:37 PM
Still scratching my head as to how in the world Hutch was temporarily banned. April fool's joke?

bfisher
06-27-2014, 03:58 PM
2.... Packing a small hammer or rubber mallet?

I do understand banning Hutch....that man is straight trouble! Haha.....did he say something that was too nice?

Nah, Hutch is good. It was just a mistake on my part.

So what spam count are you looking at? If it's the data at the bottom of the page then that's just what's been done since the sight was hacked, rebuilt, and new spam filters about 1 1/2 years ago. Before that, about 5 or 6 years ago, when I became admin there were over 13,000 in the members list with approximately 600 new spammers joining every week. I started cleaning them out by myself, but couldn't keep up. That's when I asked for volunteers who I made moderators. Bill and Brad are still with us and a couple have moved on. Gravedigger was hell on wheels getting rid of spammers, but alas, life got the best of him and he bowed out.

With the rebuild of the site things are a lot better but a few sneak thru the cracks once in a while. As for personally banning people? It takes a lot to rile me up. I understand that people have bow problems and need to vent. As long as it doesn't get too bad I allow it. Get too far out and I'll normally use the PM button with a polite warning. Only had to do that a few times. I'd have to check, but I think I've given the mods the go head on such matters. It's not like I want to rule or run rough shod here. It's not my site and it's not here for my glory. It's here for the members, and there are a lot of good ones, which makes me almost irrelevant at times.

elcid99
06-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Good stuff. I'm not a spammer, I don't think, & I'm here to talk bow huntin/shooting/& martin bows...lots of experience in different areas here, so we can all learn a thing or two from one another.

Hutch~n~Son Archery
06-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Any wisdom to pass on is a good thing and expands archery!

Hutch

Tosi
06-27-2014, 07:14 PM

Cheers Sonny! I drank the cool add years back when ya all help me out with my 1st Pantera. Know can't wait for the 2015 sneak preview.