PDA

View Full Version : Can you upgrade old cam system , for new cam system?

Lizardo76
03-09-2008, 08:49 PM
I have an older martin bow , with older cam , steel cable ststem. I am wondering, can I upgrade the cam system with the newer modern cam setup?

Lizardo76
03-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I have an older martin bow , with older cam , steel cable ststem. I am wondering, can I upgrade the cam system with the newer modern cam setup?

It is a Firecat to be exact.

flytier17
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM
A tentative no. The limbs might not be able to withstand the pressures generated by the newer effecient cams. Maybe a M-Pro or Dyna cam. But you would have to guess the string lengths yourself, which could result in a shortstrung bow whish will wreck it quickly, or an overstrung bow that will not perform. I would upgrade the whole bow. New Martins have very friendly price tags on them.

Robert58
03-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Go hear
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=115189&highlight=firecat

The Firecat Riser is cast Magnesium. It is not safe with the newer cams. I have a Scepter II that I put together with Elite limbs and Nitrous cams. It is the most accurate bow I have ever owned.

Also do a search on Firecat (you will probably have to go at least to page three to get to posts on the old Firecat) and do a search on the postes I have made. I have replyed to a few threads on the Firecat.

Robert