PDA

View Full Version : Been working with a couple younger guy

TEN RING
07-02-2014, 06:51 PM
I the last month I have been working with 3 of the younger guys at work putting new strings, setting up there bow helping them with form, they are getting pretty good they want to start shooting 3d's, if the keep shooting good I might have to detune there bows before we go to the 3d :cool:

bfisher
07-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Sounds a lot like me. I've coached several people the last few years. I mean serious coaching. Most all of them can outshoot me on a given day. It's getting pretty bad when I get beat by an 11 year old, and a girl at that. I guess it's just another part of getting older with priorities changing. Still, I think it was a little more fun when they were all chasing the ole man.

TEN RING
07-02-2014, 07:03 PM
they have come a long way in a short time

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-02-2014, 07:42 PM
Sounds like fun! If I wasn't building so many strings I might be doing the same. But with 5 shooters in the house and one more coming I am busy enough.

Hutch

typically8
07-02-2014, 10:59 PM
One more??

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2014, 04:14 AM
One more??No I am not pregnant t8! My Mother in-law shooting a recurve! :p

Hutch

bfisher
07-03-2014, 06:28 AM
No I am not pregnant t8! My Mother in-law shooting a recurve! :p

Hutch

Saves me from asking.

elkslayer4x5
07-03-2014, 09:00 AM
No I am not pregnant t8! My Mother in-law shooting a recurve! :pHutch

Way to go Mom!! :) You should all try it!

TEN RING
07-03-2014, 06:51 PM
this is the first night a have not built strings, fletched arrows or cut arrows in two weeks maybe I should change the colors of my vanes, ah no

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2014, 07:02 PM
this is the first night a have not built strings, fletched arrows or cut arrows in two weeks maybe I should change the colors of my vanes, ah no

Take a deeeeeeeep breath!!!!!! you'll be okay! :p

Hutch

TEN RING
07-03-2014, 07:04 PM
I enjoy, it just needed a break

Hutch~n~Son Archery
07-03-2014, 07:27 PM
Ha! don't I know what you mean TEN RING!

Double S
07-03-2014, 09:30 PM
There's no better feeling than helping others that want to get into archery or hunting. That's why I Volunteer and help teach Hunters educations. The pay sucks but the reward I get knowing that new hunters are going out into the field because we helped them learn to be safe and follow the laws.

I was at the little town insurance company getting my vehicle tags renewed today and an old timer that had brought his grandson in to hunters ed 3 plus years ago remembered me. "Weren't you that fella from Hunter Ed that was being stalked by a Cougar while shore fishing?. He then tells me how he remember how I recommended using old socks for transporting handguns so they don't rub up against each other. He went down the line with the stuff he remembered me saying to the new hunters in class.... It made me feel good.
That's great of you Ten Ring for helping others.