PDA

View Full Version : Pantera with the Cat Duo Cams

jj141979
03-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I talked today with a Martin Tech about putting Cat Cams on my Pantera, he said all I would need to get is the Cat Cams and a set of limbs either from a Slayer or Firecat. I PMed LeEarl and he said it is possible, I PMed him again for details on what I would need, but I havent got a response yet.(I just PMed him today) My question is does anybody know what limb # I would need to get 70lbs at 29"?? Would it be the same limbs the Slayer uses to acheive 70lbs???? And what about Cat Cam modules would I get the same modules on the Slayer for 29" draw??? What about the name Slayer or Firecat thats going to be on the new limbs???? Can I order limbs without the those names or could I get Martin to put Pantera on the limbs???? I am just trying to get everybodys opinion, I am deffinatly going to do it, I just dont want to put out the cash and have to eat it if it doesnt work!!!! The tech also told me that the Slayer is 36" ata and the Pantera is 35" ata, get the string and cable specs from the Slayer subtract 1" off the string and cable for the Pantera, he said this is a good starting point???? ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!:):):)

flytier17
03-13-2008, 02:13 PM
String length and poundage is a guessing game, I have no idea. bfisher could maybe tell you better than I can.

The Slayer is 38" A2A, not 36". Pantera is 35" Also bear in mind that hte limbs have to be off an 08 bow. Only these have the reinforced limb tips. I would order from Martin directly if possible. It isnot the name on the limbs, it is the fact that the CAT cam needs a stronger limb tip. On 08 bows, only the Slayer and Firecat will carry these limbs.

flytier17
03-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Personaly, I would just look around for a set of Nitrous X cams. No need to change the limbs, and this is a proven modification. Nitrous X cams are extremely tunable, and smooth, with no nock travel. And, you will pick up 10-15 fps over your M-Pro cam.

scepterman30x
03-14-2008, 10:36 AM
String length and poundage is a guessing game, I have no idea. bfisher could maybe tell you better than I can.

The Slayer is 38" A2A, not 36". Pantera is 35" Also bear in mind that hte limbs have to be off an 08 bow. Only these have the reinforced limb tips. I would order from Martin directly if possible. It isnot the name on the limbs, it is the fact that the CAT cam needs a stronger limb tip. On 08 bows, only the Slayer and Firecat will carry these limbs.

It could be a typo but the specs call for a 36" AtoA for the Slayer with the CAT system. I wouldn't be the first time the same bow with different cams had different specs i.e. Slayer with the CAT verses Slayer with NOS.

flytier17
03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
You're right. I never noticed that. Could have something to do with the limbs being 13" vs. 14". But 2"????? Sounds like a bit drastic of a change. Riser is the same.

scepterman30x
03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
You're right. I never noticed that. Could have something to do with the limbs being 13" vs. 14". But 2"????? Sounds like a bit drastic of a change. Riser is the same.

Yeah but if you think about it it is only 1" per limb and I have seen the same limbs on one bow verses another have more or less deflection...and the limbs on a Slayer with factory specs with the NOS cams do not have that much deflection anyway. Sometimes I think it might be a way for them to cut cost in having to make different strings for different setups. Instead of making a different string they will just make the limbs have more or less deflection...not saying thats what they do but it wouldn't suprise me.

awhitten
03-17-2008, 08:58 AM
you would need the slayer limbs , the slayer is one inch longer at axle to axle so the slayer is 36 and the pan is 35 so you take the slayer string lenght and - inch off the string i did do this and it shoots sweet the speed on the bow was 325 at seventy pds 28 inch draw 350 arrow and we are doing the beagal next :D:D:D