PDA

View Full Version : firecat vs. 101 st air borne

bayhunter
03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
i have owned martin bows for a while. i have a 1996 martin m76 rage split limb w/ fuzion cams. still a fast bow @291 fps. i would like to try the firecat or bowtech 101st airborne. anyone shot these bows? are the any articles on the firecat?

dbd870
03-25-2008, 06:20 AM
I tried the Firecat; too aggressive for me - you may love it, all you can do is try them out.

hunter
03-26-2008, 11:17 PM
I have not tried either one ..But, how much is the price difference? A few hundred? maybe..?With that out there ..no matter the price IMHO..I have not found any better bow made then Martin .I have just always been more accurate with them...Best of luck, to you no matter what bow you buy or shoot ...

flytier17
03-27-2008, 05:53 AM
I was at the proshop yesterday, and with this post in mind, I asked to try the 101.

It has a far too agressive draw cycle for my preferences. Drops down too quickly, and the rollover is brutal. (mind you this was @ 71 lbs). Dead in the hand on the shot, but too top heavy. Needs a good stabilizer. The STS thingy drove me nuts though, being in my way for everything.

The firecat was a better draw, at 73lbs too. It had a touch of recoil, nothin a well-balanced stab won't cure. Much smoother accelleration too, probably due to the smoother draw curve.

If I was picking between the two, I would get the Firecat. But, the 1st thing I would do is get rid of the grippy grip. I would get wooden side plates, and shoot off the back of the riser, maybe even coat it with a graphite powder for added slickness.

geronimo
03-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I have an 08 Cheetah...can you get the side plates for the grip in order to replace the sticky rubber grip?

bfisher
03-27-2008, 12:01 PM
I have an 08 Cheetah...can you get the side plates for the grip in order to replace the sticky rubber grip?

Yes, just order the Thermal Elite kit. You'll love it. Makes the grip nice and slim.

bfisher
03-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes, just order the Thermal Elite kit. You'll love it. Makes the grip nice and slim.

Dumb me......... first ask if it fits the Cheetah. PM PUG on www.archerytalk.com.