PDA

View Full Version : Paper Tuning 2008 Martin Cheetah

GHSBryan
04-13-2008, 11:35 PM
I am having a little trouble getting my new bow paper tuned. It is good left to right but tearing high about an 1 1/2 " (straight shaft no vanes). I have tried moving the nock up and down to the point that I new something else must be wrong. I had a few old 2413 easton arrows and by the easton chart at 28" they should be ok. I do not have any scales at this time but with both limbs tightened all the way I figure it must be set pretty close to 70#. I have tried setting my rest tension all the way down and up but I did not notice any real change. I have been shooting about 10 ft. from the paper. I have never owned a solo cam bow before so if there are any tuning tricks someone could pass on to me I would greatly appreciate it. :confused::confused:

Thank you,
Bryan

scepterman30x
04-14-2008, 07:25 AM
You have to remember you are shooting bare shaft. Some folks dont even start that far with fletching. What I am saying is unless your bow is dead on perfectly set to draw weight, arrow spine, draw length, arrow length, node points etc. you will not get a bare shaft to stay strait at the longer distances (not saying it can't be done but is very time consuming).

So start at about 5 to 6 ft. with bare shaft and then see at 10 with fletching. After all that is done and you still can't get the bare shaft to paper tune tune it with fletching and go shoot your bow and have fun.

Darrenhood
04-15-2008, 08:53 AM
If you're shooting high wrist, try low wrist.

flytier17
04-15-2008, 06:18 PM
solos have nock travel. This could be 1 cause.

Another thing would be the stiffness of the rest. If it is adjustable, play with it.