PDA

View Full Version : 100 yard shot

buck hunter
04-16-2008, 02:53 PM
yesterday i was shooting my 70 lb martin wildcat bow and i had the target at 100 yards.i only had 3 arrows on the 2nd shot i hit the target!!!!!
i wish i had a vidieo camra when i made the shot

csinclair
04-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Any advice on long shots for the folks at home..?

themick313
10-27-2008, 09:09 PM
the best advise is like the Air Force... Aim High! :D

bowgramp59
10-31-2008, 07:26 PM
to far to walk ,i will stick with 30 yds.

2008 moab
2008 bengal

Jake-the-snake
02-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Yeah thats a good feeling when you can hit somthing you should be able to shoot with a rifle :), i did the same thing this past summer w/ my '07 C4 cougar (m-pro) i hit a regaular sheet of printer paper, from 100 yards 2 out of 4 times, not a good group, but hey il stick within 60 yards, just somthing neat to try out...

csinclair
02-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Thanks,
I'm just getting really comfortable at 20 yards, (2-3" groups), time to start moving it back some I'd say, It would be really nice to be comfortable shooting at least 60 yards with the same accuracy.

Regards,
Craig

buck hunter
02-14-2009, 06:21 PM
well that was with my old bow that broke so now i got a saber but all i rember on doing that is getting good at 50 yards and for me thats 4 inch groups at 50 and i eyed it out and i hit the target at that distance just make shure there is no wind . its instintive shooting at that point for me;) and bleave it or not i am only into archery for 5 years now and i am pulling off shots like that all the time. put practice is what makes you good.:)
someone posted too far to walk well i got a kawasaki mule i take to retreve the arrows:cool:

bowfishn
02-16-2009, 11:50 AM
This post caught my attention, as back in 1989 when I got my first bow a Cougar Speed Flite, after shooting for a month or so I began for grins and giggles seeing how far I could hit a Beer can. (16oz) I was a fingers shooter, 33" draw, 2419 arrows, bow set at 96 lbs. Flite Wheels. My buddies thought it was pretty good that I could hit a Beer can at 100 yards 1 out of 3 shots. A year later I switched to a release (32") and started using Beman 80/100 shafts. I was having a problem with the limbs feathering on the inside from the draw length. (a lot of compresion on the limbs). I spoke with Scott Landwehr and he told me to send the bow in and he would look it over. He set it up with heavier limbs, a little lower brace height and longer ATA. The bow topped out at 114 lbs , that was the best shooting bow I ever had, or maybe it was because I was younger and could see better. The bow shot a 425 gr. arrow at 325 fps and at the time that kind of speed was of the charts. This was before all the IBO arrow weight vs bow weight. I shot over 500 arrows a week out of that bow for 2 years and it never gave a problem, that impressed me about Martin Bows, they were built tough. I defunct many myths at the time about shooting high speed arrows and there accuracy. One was that you could not shoot a Broadhead at that speed with any kind of accuracy, I showed the doubting group of archers by shooting 6 arrows into a 6 inch bullseye at 100 yards, with perfect arrow flight, 4 inch rt. healical fletch, 100 grain three blade Wasp broadhead 80/100 beman carbon arrows. Best group I shot at 100 yds. with that bow was 6 arrows 4.5" with unpowered pin.

I will be a Martin shooter for life, no one will ever be able to convince me anyone makes a stronger bow that will take the punishment a Martin will take and deliver pin point accuracy.
Shane