PDA

View Full Version : nocking point and tiller for Cougar4 2007

Martinlover
05-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Can anyone advise me:
1. the recommended nocking point (e.g.. 0 - 3/8 inch above arrow rest) for a Cougar4 2007 Elite bow - not that the limbs have anything to do with this specification. Shooting with release aid.
2. the recommended tiller for this type of bow. The damn martin manual is so generic it has me wondering if it applies to my bow

Thanks guys (and girls). When you start having arrow tuning issues you start to revisit these type of settings...as you know...especially before you start making changes to arow spine and selection.

Cheers and thanks for the help in advance.

flytier17
05-01-2008, 06:31 AM
Measure the height of your nock. the arrow has to sit @ 90degrees to the string. so measure from the top of the prongs of the rest to the string. add the height of the nock above that. That point is where the bottom of the brass nock point, or the bottom of the top not on the loop should sit.

However, once you tune your bow, this may be moved in small increments to get bareshafts and broadheads to group appropriatly. This is only a starting point.

Reccommended tiller is not one exact standard measurement from bow to bow. Many variables dictate discrepencies in each bow. However, you can take the emasurements, after tuning your bow, and measure to see if the top and bottom are the same. If they are, good. If they are not, still good. Bottom line is you want to record both tillers. this way, if your bow goes wierd on you in the future, this is one measurement to ensure your bow is unchanged.

Martinlover
05-07-2008, 07:38 PM
thanks. very helpful - confirmed my own thoughts that even though martin recommends no tiller it is a matter of individual tuning. The nock point is the same issue.
cheers