PDA

View Full Version : 08 fire cat vs 08 slayer x

Unregistered
05-07-2008, 03:54 PM
please help

Montalaar
05-07-2008, 04:40 PM
What do you want from us? I think you could have written something more.

anton
05-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Agree-That said I went round and round for months on this... I ended up with a Firecat and am happy-my purpose is hunting and only hunting for this bow.

Elk4me
05-10-2008, 06:43 AM
Depends on what you are gona use the bow for and how much Archery Shooting you have done . I say that cuz the Slayer X is a 6 1/4" Brace Height and is more Criticial to form than the 7" Brace Height of the Firecat. Also the Axle to Axle is of the Slayer is 36" where the Firecat is 33". Weight can also come into play : Slayer X 4.5# Bare bow NO acessories and the Firecat is 3.6# Bare bow with no Acessories. I personally preffer a 7" BH over a 6 1/4" of the Slayer and weight is a issiue with me Since I hunt in the Rockie Mtns. I really like my Firecat alot have had it for Aprox 3 Months and NO complaints at all! My favortie Marti bow EVER!:cool:

flytier17
05-10-2008, 09:20 AM
I prefer the forgiveness of the 38" in tuning and shooting.

The BH doesn't bother me because if it does, I am not shooting properly anyways.

I don't mind the weight. I hunt, doing drives and long hikes with an 8.7lb bow. Never bothered me. Same with the 15" stabilizer.

logtamelk
08-18-2008, 10:44 PM
I also am trying to decide between an 08' Slayer X or an 08' Firecat or maybe just holding out until the 09' line-up.

Has anybody shot both bows and have some experience to share. I have pulled both bows back but haven't shot either one yet. Trying to find out as much as possible about them. Three piece riser vs one piece, BH difference, axle-to-axle, etc.. been checking it all out.

bfisher
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Don't let the three piece riser be a deterrent. It's a very solid design (pun intended). Personally I think you should shoot both bows and make your own decision. Both bows are going to feel about the same in the draw cycle as they use the same cam. The Slayer might seem a bit smoother due to the slightly longer A2A, but not really that much smoother.

Shoot them both and make a list of likes and dislikes of each bow. It really comes down to what "YOU" like.

I've owned both, but my Slayer was a 2004 with Nitrous cams. Personally, even with a 27" draw I like longer A2A bows. I really don't care for the short ones, but I'm not doing bad with the FireCat. I just wish I could go a day without busting nocks. They're getting expensive.