PDA

View Full Version : 3 Yr old Martin Jag vs New Bengal

jmm83164
05-21-2008, 04:33 AM
Wondering how much of a real differance in overall performance Id feel and see with the 2 bows.
The jaguar I have is the Mag cat with the dyna cam at 60lbs and the bengal is going to be the 55-70 I shoot at 30 inch draw. How much of a differance in point of impact and penetrtration could I expect to see.
Please dont crap on my bow choices just looking for real input.
Mike
jmm83164 on yahoo

dbd870
05-21-2008, 06:25 AM
Same draw weight and length, it won't be that different. I don't believe the MPro is as much faster as the ratings would make you believe; I do like the feel of the MPro's better though, I would make the change more for the intangibles more than anything else. I would definitely recommend you compare the MOAB and Bengal side by side - for VERY little more money I MUCH prefer the MOAB.

flytier17
05-23-2008, 08:12 PM
Ditto: MOAB over Bengal. Pro-Series bow, sts, lighter, better balanced (IMO), etc...

Dynacam is a faster cam then M-Pro. Comparable in speeds to Nitrous Duals. Loof at the Rytera Triad. Specs for the bow with either cam are the same in BH and speed. Only a solo differs greatly from a dual, but I won't go there. Gets me kinda excited and carried away.......

dbd870
05-25-2008, 06:06 AM
The IBO on his 2005 Jag is 300; The Bengal is 315-320. Admittedly from the MPro's I've run over a Chrono (and what others have said) in my limited experience I'd guess he's more likely to pick up maybe 10fps all else being equal. One must consider the complete package when trying to compare 2 bows. There are far better reasons for making a change in bows than the raw numbers.