PDA

View Full Version : cracked prowler se limb

rob20
07-02-2008, 02:54 PM
hi,
I have an upper limb that is cracked on my 2005 Prowler. I called support yesterday and they said to contact my nearest dealer. My dealer (tristate outfitters in Lewiston ID) said since I didn't buy the bow there they won't help me. What do I do know? Seems like there are a lot of problems with the upper limbs cracking on these bows, has it been addressed in the form of a recall or limb swap?
It has 13" mag limbs.
Thanks,
Rob

Montalaar
07-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Call Martin again and ask for Jake or Joel. Explain your problems with your nearest dealer and i bet that they will help you.

To be honest i have heard nothing about limb problems with the prowler yet. If you are the first owner you will get a set of new limbs soon, just call Martin again.

bfisher
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
You're close enough to Walla Walla. Ask if you can ship it back to them and they'll swap out the limbs. Make the call. And tell them what the dealer said. Hopefully they'll straighten him out, too.

Just my .02, but I'd never do business with such a dealer---for anything. I can see that if you bought the bow elsewhere he would be entitled to charge for the labor, but he should still order the limbs for you, and be up front about a labor charge.

Don't be shy about telling Martin about such a dealer. Believe me, they want to know who is looking out for them and who isn't.

rob20
07-02-2008, 11:08 PM
Thanks for your answers. I actually drive by Martin about once a month, I wonder if I could just stop in and drop it off? Yeah, the dealer issue kind of irked me too. I didn't think an authorized dealer would turn away people like that. I think I will try to just deal directly with Martin.

bfisher
07-03-2008, 07:52 AM
If you callthem ask for Jake or Joel. They are two of the best customer service reps in the archery business.

buckshot20
07-03-2008, 10:08 AM
I had a similar problem with a cracked limb. The bow tech at the gander mountain by me didn't really know anything about martin bows so I sent it back to martin directly. Just call Joel and I'm sure he can help you. They are pretty good guys up there so you shouldn't have a problem.

rob20
07-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the help. Sounds like Jake and Joel are the guys to deal with for sure. I will give it a shot. The reason I asked about the recall is because there was a post on Archery Talk from a guy who had not only his, but his fathers upper limb on their Prowlers break. Twice on one bow and once on the other. He had said Martin gave him credit towards new bows and didn't fix his old ones because they said there was a problem. I really like the Prowler so I am hoping to fix it.
Rob

bfisher
07-08-2008, 10:37 PM
Could have been they had a run of bad limbs. It happens. I remember the same thing happening when I repped for Pearson. The companies usually have a hard time tracking down the exact amount of limbs or the particular bows they are on. That's why they sually take care of their customers. The archery business is just too competitive to let things like that go.

Good luck and check back to let us all know how you make out.

rob20
08-24-2008, 10:01 PM
Well here is what happened when I dropped my bow off at Martin. The women at the front was very nice. I just said I had a problem with my bow. She asked what and I told her the limb was cracked. She rolled her eyes and asked what model. I told her the Prowler and with no further questions she said the repair guy was out today, so it will be ready tomorrow morning... is that ok. Wow, definitely OK! It was ready the next morning. No question about what happened, etc.. Outstanding service!! Just wish they made a 2 piece longbow!!!:D

bfisher
08-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Told ya the company was good. Now you know that if there are problems with service it isn't them. Glad you're all set to go.

hawk4932
09-22-2008, 01:00 PM
I noticed this weekend while I was out hunting our early season that I had a cracked upper limb on my Prowler. That evening I came here to this forum for some research, found this thread, and today I called and spoke with Joel. I was pleased with the response that I had gotten. I will be dropping my bow off at a local proshop. Joel told me to just have them call him and he will have my new limbs shipped right out. The only cost I will incur is the proshop's labor to replace them. Not bad. I am very satisfied with the quality of service with Martin Archery, TOP NOTCH. Way to go Martin Archery & thanks Joel.

rhaivala
08-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Hi, I own a prowler and recently discovered a cracked upper limb. You didn't have to pay to have them replaced?

Well here is what happened when I dropped my bow off at Martin. The women at the front was very nice. I just said I had a problem with my bow. She asked what and I told her the limb was cracked. She rolled her eyes and asked what model. I told her the Prowler and with no further questions she said the repair guy was out today, so it will be ready tomorrow morning... is that ok. Wow, definitely OK! It was ready the next morning. No question about what happened, etc.. Outstanding service!! Just wish they made a 2 piece longbow!!!:D

Montanabowhunter
08-15-2009, 10:07 PM
for the last two and a half months i have been dealing with martin trying to have my bow repaired. the bottom limb on my 2008 bengal blew up on me, this was the last year that they made a riser with limb pockets. i sent them my bow and was sent back a bow with limbs that were a different camo pattern and also were built for a pocketless riser, also the cables were on the wrong way. i called martin back and told them about my problems with their fix, after several calls they finally sent me a new riser, however, the riser came without the pieces needed to attach the limbs and also with no cable guard what so ever. Once again i called martin and told them of the problems, they told me they would send out the pieces i needed and a few days later i had the correct pieces to put the limbs on, but the wrong cable guard was sent out... this entire process has continued up to today, i finally received everything i needed to shoot my "rebuilt" bow. Upon trying to paper tune it though i found that when they replaced the cams, they sent me back the incorrect top wheel to go with the m-cam. i now have a m-cam and a top wheel for a mini m-cam causing the timing to be way off and once again i am waiting for monday to call martin in order to replace another piece of a bow which should have been taken care of the first time. this entire experience has been extremely difficult... i love martin bows, but do to the lack of attention to detail i have missed the opening of antelope season and with elk/deer just around the corner im a bit concerned. just fyi make sure your rebuilt bow is the same as the one you payed for originally.