PDA

View Full Version : Why was the Nitrous CAM discontinued?

Liv2KillBigBullz
07-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Why was the Nitrous CAM discontinued? It was the best shooting cam I have shot, I must say I like the CAT cam but if I could get a Firecat or Slayer with Nitrous CAMs I would be all over it. You should think about bringing it back...just my 2 cents worth

Montalaar
07-15-2008, 02:04 AM
It was replaced by thw Furious Cams. I love the Nitrous Cams myself, too. Maybe i will build myself a custom Firecat with Nitrous Cams, xD

bfisher
07-15-2008, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I've got a '05 ShadowCat sitting here with Nitrous B cams and over the winter I just might try them on my FireCat. Something for laughs and giggles.

It's either that or sell the ShadowCat. Any takers? SE limb pockets, mag limbs, WC strings and X system. 32" A2A, 9 3/8" brace, 45-60. I can't draw it anymore, although I'm getting close, and haven't shot it for 2 years.

Liv2KillBigBullz
07-15-2008, 07:37 PM
I already have a shadowcat with Nitrous Cams, I absolutly love them...they should really bring them back, the furious cams don't shoot nearly as nice as the nitrous cams.

flytier17
07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
I think it was production cost. Stupid IMO; I would pay extra... I feel the same. Oh well, lets hope they have something here with the CAT cams...

bfisher
07-15-2008, 08:51 PM
I think it was production cost. Stupid IMO; I would pay extra... I feel the same. Oh well, lets hope they have something here with the CAT cams...

Cat cam is OK, but has a little bit of lean. Just a bit. And it can't be adjusted out. No matter how you look at it the Cat Cam cannot use x mods and the string isn't in the center of the bow.

Montalaar
07-16-2008, 12:39 AM
@bfisher

Hmmmm... Price? :P

dbd870
07-16-2008, 03:57 AM
I already have a shadowcat with Nitrous Cams, I absolutly love them...they should really bring them back, the furious cams don't shoot nearly as nice as the nitrous cams.

Never shot the Nitrous but I have to agree with you on the Furious - the wall stinks.

bfisher
07-16-2008, 09:33 AM
@bfisher

Hmmmm... Price? :P

Not sure I'm ready to sell, but I'll keep it in mind. Shipping would have to be horrendous.

Montalaar
07-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Yepp. Shipping is very very expensive..

TCR1
07-31-2008, 12:51 PM
I can't speak as to why the Nitrous Cams were discontinued, but I have spent time behind the string with the Nitrous Cams and the furious cams. They are different cams and both have their own pros and cons. I personally have enjoyed shooting the B base nitrous cams the most of any cam I have shot. Having said that, when you are shooting full FITAs or 28 target field rounds, the draw cycle of the nitrous cam is not ideal. The smooth draw force curve of the furious cam does fit quite well though. I have not had any experience withthe fury cam, so I can't relate to the speculation that the furious cam is a hybrid of the Fury and nitrous cams.

I have also played with an S4 with Tru Arc cams. That was a great feeling set up. The tru arc cam has also went the way of the dodo bird.

Fortunately, the folks at Martin are keeping with advances in technology and listening to shooters. They always seem to be in the forefront, but I imagine that if the demand for Nitrous cams remains after another year or two that they may consider bringing them back...not certain, but it makes sense to me.

As for the cat cams, they are a quick cam, definate wall with the draw stop and easy to play with. Definately a good cam system, but needs something to accomodate short draw archers so they can hop up speeds for 3D or push heavier hunting arrows at the same speed.