PDA

View Full Version : Martin Orion

Unregistered
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
I have an '06 Martin Orion, and I am having trouble figuring out why my let off is so tough. It says that its a 75/65% but it feels like it isn't even 65%. I am kind of new to the bow-hunting scene and am confused what to do next. I am thinking about getting a new bow with a little better let-off unless I can figure this one out.

dbd870
07-19-2008, 07:36 AM
That means you either have 75 or 65% letoff. You probably have a 65% one and the let off on most bows isn't exactly what's rated. If you really want to know take it to a shop and have them measure it for you. I have both a 65% and 80% let off bow and I think the difference feels bigger than 15%. For target shooting I like the 65% just fine, but out in the woods I want the high let off for sure. It's funny when I was shooting 65% all the time it was no big deal, I hadn't touched it for several mo. as I had been shooting my 80% MOAB; I shoot the 65% bow last weekend and it felt like a 50% let off after the MOAB. If you are going to be using it for hunting I would take a look at a higher letoff.

bfisher
07-19-2008, 09:32 AM
What cam system is on the bow? Is it possible you aren't drawing it to the stops? Or if it's a dual or hybrid (TruArc) cam are the cams set to hit the valley at the same time

Good advice above. Take it to a shop and have them weigh it for peak weight and holding weight. Subtract the holding weight from the peak weight and then divide this figure by the holding weight and this should give you a percentage of letoff you are actually getting.

I think I said this right.