PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Noise...Thonk

DMA
07-23-2008, 08:05 PM
My new Cheetah had a "Thonk" when shot after initial set up. Red Dot Scope, Ultra Rest Hunter, Rope D Loop, Quickie Quiver and Winn Free Flight release. I tried adjusting the string leaches, adding a STS snubber and Limb Savers. "Thonk" Finally when I shot a unfletched arrow I caught two distict noises "Clack" "Thonk". They were so close together it was hard to tell it was not string noise "Thonk". The culprits, my arrow rest was no longer quiet. The internal landing pad didn't work any more (3 years old). Changing it out for a new Octane really quieted the bow down but still a little unwanted noise. When I removed the STS the bow was really quiet. I tried the STS 1/16" short and long of the string and just touching. It was still louder than without. Oh yes, my STS was on a carbon fiber rod.

Not to say all Cheetah's would react this way but if you have a new Cheetah that "Thonks" and use a fall away rest and/or a STS, try those before call a Tech Rep.

Cheetah's are Great!

Dave

stickflngr
07-23-2008, 11:33 PM
I had a 08' Bengal and had the same "THONG" noise and found out that it was the draw stop... I took it off and shortened my draw and it was dead quite:confused: Hope this helps. Kenny

Highlander
07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
DMA,
What poundage is your bow set at? My 08' Cheetah is set at 70 lbs. and I use a whisker bisket and a string loop along with a STS. A ll I get for noise is a "clack", not that loud though.

DMA
07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I removed the draw stop and my Cheetah went silent. The only noise I hear is that of the arrow accelerating out of the bow. My bow is set at 64# and I may take it back to 70# later.

Thanks for all help.

Dave

HairSplitter
09-04-2008, 04:25 PM
i have an 08 and i too have a thonk to it i took off my sting stop and still have a thonk i have abuddy of mine stand about 10 feet and way and he said he can hear it pretty good still and im all out of options my set is the usual-- string leaches, string loop, tru peep no sts tho and this has gotten me stumped HELPPPPPPPPPP :eek:

HairSplitter
09-08-2008, 07:32 PM
HeHeHe i found out the problem to my thonk lol.. I found t looks like set screws on my cam that was pretty darn loose so i tightend them down and now its whisper quiet heheheh and bow season starts this weekend feel like a kid at christmas lol
:D:D:D