PDA

View Full Version : Dropped New Martin Cheetah!

geronimo
07-29-2008, 08:19 PM
I had my 08 Cheetah in a soft bow case on the back of my atv going about 25 mph and it blew off and hit the pavement. The corner of the upper limb (by the bolt) and the limb pocket had a pretty good chip knocked off of each. There didn't appear to be any cracks or misalignments anywhere but now I'm afraid to pull it back. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.....

Montalaar
07-30-2008, 05:17 AM
Can you post a picture?

In general i can only give you the advise to take it to your shop and get the damaged limb replaced.

bfisher
07-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Yeah, what he said. Take it to a shop and let them look at it. Then let them draw it. Stand out of the line of fire just in case. Hopefully things will be fine. If not, well, guess you know what needs done.

geronimo
07-30-2008, 08:37 PM
I agree so I'm going to take it to a dealer here in Florida. I'm going to take a pic tomorrow and post it..Thanks!

geronimo
07-31-2008, 06:29 PM
I added some pics to my original post...

bfisher
07-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Yes, I see the pics. Good ones, too. From what I see you know what I'd do? I'd shoot the bow. I don't think that structurally the bow was damaged. More cosmetic than anything.

Be more careful next time.

geronimo
07-31-2008, 09:38 PM
I sure am tempted to shoot it...I'll keep you posted!

Elk4me
07-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Yes, I see the pics. Good ones, too. From what I see you know what I'd do? I'd shoot the bow. I don't think that structurally the bow was damaged. More cosmetic than anything.

Be more careful next time.
Barry how could you say that OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would NEVER shoot a bow that had chunks out of the limbs! I would call Joel@ Martin right away! I would take it to a dealer and get some new limbs At your cost because it was NOT Martins fault it fell off youe ATV. If it was a cracked limb Issiue I would say Martin would warrenty it!

Montalaar
08-01-2008, 03:00 AM
Yepp, please get new limbs to your own safety.

But just by the way. I heard every second Bowtech limb looks like this. Seems they have problems with their limbs. :P

dbd870
08-01-2008, 06:20 AM
Yepp, please get new limbs to your own safety.

But just by the way. I heard every second Bowtech limb looks like this. Seems they have problems with their limbs. :P

Sure, stir it up on here too. :eek:

Montalaar
08-01-2008, 06:37 AM
I know that nobody here is interested in bashing an other company so i think it is no problem to mention it. I have seen those pictures and read enough over it on AT. I believe it is no limb failure just something in the paint.

bfisher
08-01-2008, 08:44 AM
I know what you mean. I've often seen a seam in the finish and checked it out heavily. Normally it's more noticable in the side of the limbs. Best way I've found to check them out is with a cotton ball rubbed along what I think might be a crack.

geronimo
08-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Be afraid...be very afraid lol...now I'm getting really paranoid!!!

dbd870
08-02-2008, 06:47 AM
I know that nobody here is interested in bashing an other company so i think it is no problem to mention it. I have seen those pictures and read enough over it on AT. I believe it is no limb failure just something in the paint.

Just busing your chops. ;) Believe it or not I kind of agree with Barry :eek: :D in that the damage is not in an area that will be a problem. However if it was mine I'd want it right so I'd get the parts and fix it.

logtamelk
08-18-2008, 07:28 PM
You do know that Duct Tape can fix anything?!?! Just be greatfull that you had a 4-wheeler to strap your bow to; some of us can't afford such luxuries!!

(Just kidding; not to be held liable for any comical or jovial remarks!!)

bfisher
08-18-2008, 10:25 PM
You do know that Duct Tape can fix anything?!?! Just be greatfull that you had a 4-wheeler to strap your bow to; some of us can't afford such luxuries!!

(Just kidding; not to be held liable for any comical or jovial remarks!!)

Yeah, but only if it's camo duct tape.