PDA

View Full Version : Wishful thinking for the 09 bows..

RonTech
08-01-2008, 02:43 AM
As a FITA shooter I just have one big wish.
Speed. Make a Scepter with more speed. After spending two summers in rain and windy conditions I would like that the next top target bow has atleast 20-30 fps more speed then my current one, Scepter 4. 256 fps with 29 in drawlength, 56 pounds, 28.25 Nano XR 450 with 100 grains points.

You often hear people say I rather have a slow 8 then a quick miss. But you are looking for the X eight is close to a miss

Get outhere and hit X - how hard can it be ??:)

Montalaar
08-01-2008, 02:55 AM
Hmmm. I would say that speed is not as important as other factors for FITA. Speed is nice for sure but i believe that this comes with a harsher draw cycle or the need of an other limb style. I am sure that 256 fps is really enough to shoot FITA targets. They can not run away. :P

RonTech
08-01-2008, 03:56 AM
I know that speed is not the solution for everything, nbut this is the only thing that I am lacking with my scepter 4. I have been shooting Hoyt since 2001 to 2007.. and anfter that Martin Scepter 4. The late Falk Thiele once told me that a target bow doesnīt have to go 300 fps, which is true.. I would like to have alittle more speed. I donīt like the hysterical spiral cams that hoyt has or the Firecat, those bows are tricky to shoot on target. I might be strange but I like my cams to have between 60-65% let of so I can get a good work through the shot. 80% is to laid back for me..

dbd870
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I might be strange but I like my cams to have between 60-65% let of so I can get a good work through the shot. 80% is to laid back for me..

Actually you'd find plenty of people to agree with you. I believe I shoot better with the 65% letoff cams than the 80%; however seeing as hunting comes first for me I'm sticking with the higher let off. I'm not a target shooter but from my VERY limited experience with the S4 the thing I'd like to see is a more solid wall on the Furious cams.

Stormbringer
08-27-2008, 04:25 AM
The thing that I'd like see Martin Archery do, (wishful thinkin' here!), is bring back the Nitrous cam systems! :confused:
________
buy volcano vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/volcano-vaporizer)

Montalaar
08-27-2008, 04:34 AM
The thing that I'd like see Martin Archery do, (wishful thinkin' here!), is bring back the Nitrous cam systems! :confused:

I still wonder why the Nitrous Cam has been discontinued with martin bows but is still sold on rytera..