PDA

View Full Version : Notrous cams on S4

Martinju
08-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Next year, I'll be shooting a Scepter 4 Elite and since I know nitrous cams are hard to come by, I figured I'd start looking now, I just need a little help. I want to put on a pair of nitrous x cams on the S4 I'm going to get, but I'm not sure what mod to get for a S4 with elite limbs. I'm a 28" draw. Whats your recommendations for the mod I should look for? I will order the bow with furious/furious x mods, but when I put the nitrous/nitrous x cams on what will the string and cable length be? The same as the furious I hope?!
Thanks a lot!:)

bfisher
08-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Scepterman should be able to help you with some information. Till he shows up I'll try to humor you. I think you are going to need the A Base cams for your draw length. If you want a little better performance you might even be able to use mini-mods.

I wouldn't count on the string and cables being the same length. They might be, but I seriously doubt.

If Sceptermandoesn't show up then I'd suggest LeEarl on www.archerytalk.com.

In fact that's where I'd start my search for the cams and mods if I were you.

And for your info I went through all the Bow Cam charts looking for the Scepter/M50, but o no avail.

scepterman30x
08-05-2008, 08:05 AM
Next year, I'll be shooting a Scepter 4 Elite and since I know nitrous cams are hard to come by, I figured I'd start looking now, I just need a little help. I want to put on a pair of nitrous x cams on the S4 I'm going to get, but I'm not sure what mod to get for a S4 with elite limbs. I'm a 28" draw. Whats your recommendations for the mod I should look for? I will order the bow with furious/furious x mods, but when I put the nitrous/nitrous x cams on what will the string and cable length be? The same as the furious I hope?!
Thanks a lot!:)

You will definalely need A base cam size and mini mods. String length will be 55.5" and cable length will be 44.75". You can go a little shorter...bout a 1/2" for strings and cables if you want as long as AtoA is around 43" +or- a little.
Note: If you get it with the small Furious and you are switching to the A base cam you can utilize the same cables but the string that comes on the Furious cam will be about a 1/2" to long so you will need to get a different string and dont worry about you limbs, they should pull about the same draw weight if you are swapping small Furious cams for the A base NOS cams.

Hope this helps.

scepterman30x
08-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Scepterman should be able to help you with some information. Till he shows up I'll try to humor you. I think you are going to need the A Base cams for your draw length. If you want a little better performance you might even be able to use mini-mods.

I wouldn't count on the string and cables being the same length. They might be, but I seriously doubt.

If Sceptermandoesn't show up then I'd suggest LeEarl on www.archerytalk.com.

In fact that's where I'd start my search for the cams and mods if I were you.

And for your info I went through all the Bow Cam charts looking for the Scepter/M50, but o no avail.

Thats because it is the listed as the M-57 Scepter.:D

bfisher
08-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Thats because it is the listed as the M-57 Scepter.:D

Thanks for that. Wonder why they list it in the catalog as M-50 and M-57 on the website? Oh well, at least now I know.

scepterman30x
08-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks for that. Wonder why they list it in the catalog as M-50 and M-57 on the website? Oh well, at least now I know.

I wish they would call it what it is instead of the alpha numeric system. It would make life easier for us.

dbd870
08-05-2008, 11:10 AM
I wish they would call it what it is instead of the alpha numeric system. It would make life easier for us.

I've thought that before as well.

bfisher
08-05-2008, 07:05 PM
I've thought that before as well.

Me too. It gets a little hard to remember all the model #'s when sombody asks a question about a particular model and then I have to go to a catalog to get the model # so I can correlate it to the Bow Cam Charts. It's just double work all the time.

scepterman30x
08-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Maybe the powers that be will see this post and fix it for us. OK guys I'm going to start holding my breath riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggght......now!

bfisher
08-06-2008, 10:04 PM
Maybe the powers that be will see this post and fix it for us. OK guys I'm going to start holding my breath riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggght......now!

Yeah, right!!!!!!!!! I don't know. Maybe they know something we don't. I can say for sure they've been in the bow business longer than me.