PDA

View Full Version : bfisher> here are the pictures of the speed flite

thornd2
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM
The forum would not let me post a reply to your comments. I went ahead and registered as a user, and it still would not. Here are the pictures.

bfisher
08-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Good boy. Very good pics. How much do you need to increase the draw?

What I don't see is modules to change the draw.

Here's what I see. The bow has steel cables so there isn't a whole lot you can do there. However, on the plastic adjuster there is a set screw for adjuting cam timing. You can screw these in, each the same amount, and increase the draw that way. Once you adjust them you may have to play around a bit to get the cams synced, but that's not hard.

Now, do you see the pin that the string attaches to? If you notice there is a second hole next to it. Using a press you can take the pressure off the string and remove it. You don't want the hole I just mentioned. You're looking for another hole on the other side of the pin, hopefully hiding under the limb. If there is one then move the pin to that hole. If there is another hole then moving the pin should get you another inch of draw.

The idea of adjusting the cables is that it will over rotate the cam a bit and hopefully you can get another inch there.

Before you start take a pencil and draw a line on the side of the cam where it passes through the limb. This wil be a guide in case you need to go back where you started. Also write down how many turns you make on the cable adjusters. Always write down things so you have a reference.

Push comes to shove you can always put an inch longer string on the bow.
Be aware that changing the draw length this way is going to increase the draw weight, too, so I'd advise backing out the limb bolts to the bows present weight. You don't want to over stress the limbs and break them.

Anyway, this is my input. Someone else might see something different. Wait a while and see if anybody else chimes in that has had experience with these cams.

BOWPRK
08-08-2008, 04:59 PM
The cam is a ultra sonic an it has modules to change the draw length what size mod is on it know? do you want the draw longer or shorter?

bfisher
08-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Hey, another voice heard from. Welcome. You know, I thought it might have modules. I thought there is a hint of set screws to hold them, but not seeing any definite seam I couldn't tell whether there was a mod there or not. Now I guess I know.

BOWPRK
08-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Im not sure but I might be showing my age by knowing what cam that was:eek::D

thornd2
08-11-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks to you both. I've been out of town, so I couldn't reply right away. I need to increase the draw about one to two inches. I thought the extra holes in the cams might be the key, but I wasn't sure. I'll also try to adjust the timing screws.

Now when you say modules, are they pieces that are attached to the cams that you replace to increase/decrease draw length? I seem to remember doing that with my other bow (Alpine Rebel) when I was a kid.

Again, thanks for the info. I'm one of the few holdouts--still shooting outdated bows without a release! Do you know where I might find a manual for this bow?

Montalaar
08-12-2008, 02:56 AM
You could write a mail or call the customer service at martin. They could still have some copies of the manual. Maybe they can send you a copy. :)

dbd870
08-12-2008, 06:06 AM
Im not sure but I might be showing my age by knowing what cam that was:eek::D

I AM SURE. :D:p

bfisher
08-12-2008, 12:51 PM
OK, now that we're into it just how old are you guys? Not everyone has their profile filled out. For the record I just turned 61 on June 29th and I've been shooting these stupid wheel/cam bows for 35 years now.

Montalaar
08-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Hm, please do not laugh but i am 20. Some years to go... :)

dbd870
08-12-2008, 01:22 PM
49 [and I still have 10 more months until I'm 50 ;) ]

bfisher
08-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Hm, please do not laugh but i am 20. Some years to go... :)

Gees oh man, has the ink dried on your birth certificate yet? My youngest kid is 9 years older than you. I have arrows older than you.

Just joshin ya, young man. Still nice to have you aboard.

BOWPRK
08-12-2008, 09:26 PM
man Im the youngin at 43 years of age:Dbeen shooting martin stuff since I was 13:eek:.....thornd2 the mod screws are behind the limb you can barely see them in your first pic.there should be a number on the end of the mod on one cam or the other they run from 2X the shortest mod to 9X the longest I have a few of the mods laying around if I have the size you need you are welcome to them

thornd2
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm 29 (30 next month) and I've been shooting since I was about 5 or 6. I've owned Bears, Golden Eagles, Alpines, and Martins. It's been difficult being a fingers shooter in a release world, but I've always loved the feel of the string in my fingers.

Anyway, BOWPRK, they are 3X. I would say 4X or 5X might be appropriate--it's hard to say. See what you have and let me know what you want for them. Thanks.

BOWPRK
08-16-2008, 06:27 PM
thornd2 I have a set of 5X mods pm me a address an I will send them to you

Montalaar
08-17-2008, 03:35 AM
^ That is help. =)

And flytier did not tell his age yet. :P

bfisher
08-17-2008, 08:38 PM
That's because he's not old enough to remember. Us older guys have more memory power.