PDA

View Full Version : ?????'s

flytier17
08-10-2008, 10:54 AM
#1 My pantera is giving me wrist slap. It is EXACTLY the same DL and BH as my Slayer. I thought it might be the light arrows, so I shot an FMJ out of the Pantera. No difference. I thought it might be the lack of string leeches, so I ut some in. No change. My Slayer never slaps me. If it does, it is my fault, and I just have to pay morte attention to my form for the next shot. Only happens when i am getting tired after shooting it for a while. But my Pantera is doing it every shot. The only thing I can come up with is the eather on the grip. I removed it on the Slayer, but not the Pantera. I could be torquing, but that much?????

#2 Why is the BH on my Slayer 7"? It should be 6 1/2", but it is not. I understand that it can be out a bit, but is 1/2" not a bit too much? My Pantera and Slayer both have the same BH, 7". Well, 6 7/8" to be really finickity.

WHY?????

bfisher
08-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Alec, do you mean the left hand cables are hitting your arm? How about axle kits? Is there a difference in the axle lengths. If not then the only answer I can come up with is grip torque.

Maybe different bow? Different draw length needed. Who knows.

As for the brace height on the slayer? How is the A2A and draw weight? What cams are on the bow and are they oriented right?

flytier17
08-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Oh, yeah, forgot to mention. I do have the wide axels installed. ON THE SLAYER!!! Not the Pantera. And the Pantera is still slapping me. I've got a notion to slap it back:D

On the Slayer; The A2A is 5/8" too long, and the Draw weight is 65lbs bottommed, but with the 5H limbs, they should bottom at 68lbs I believe.

flytier17
08-11-2008, 07:07 PM
Of course NOSX cams, what else? Have I not been talking about how much I love 'em since I joined? At the very least you could have payed attention to my sig... Unreal bfisher, unreal. Must be gettin old or someting. Senior moments, senility, and suchlike dilemmas.

:D

flytier17
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Far as I know, the NOSX cams are properly rotated. I ahve eradicated all lean and limb twist, and they are as close in sink as I can get em.

flytier17
08-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Come to think of it, My Pantera cams are grossly overrotated. A 55lb peak bow that should peak at 57-58lbs peaking at 63lbs? What do I do, twist the string 5-8 times?

bfisher
08-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Of course NOSX cams, what else? Have I not been talking about how much I love 'em since I joined? At the very least you could have payed attention to my sig... Unreal bfisher, unreal. Must be gettin old or someting. Senior moments, senility, and suchlike dilemmas.

:D

I don't always read signatures. People don't always keep them up to date. And you better quit picking on me. I got feelings, too. Now I'll reread everything and see if I can help you.

First the Slayer. A2A is too long and the weight is down. You probably need to twist the cables a bit. Maybe both the cables and the string to put more preload in the limbs. This should make the A2A shorter.

As for the Pantera slapping you? Without seeing you shoot it? Not a clue. Have you actually measured the draw length. Don't forget. They are two different bows so may need to be set up slightly different to fit you just so so.

scepterman30x
08-12-2008, 07:48 AM
#1 My pantera is giving me wrist slap. It is EXACTLY the same DL and BH as my Slayer. I thought it might be the light arrows, so I shot an FMJ out of the Pantera. No difference. I thought it might be the lack of string leeches, so I ut some in. No change. My Slayer never slaps me. If it does, it is my fault, and I just have to pay morte attention to my form for the next shot. Only happens when i am getting tired after shooting it for a while. But my Pantera is doing it every shot. The only thing I can come up with is the eather on the grip. I removed it on the Slayer, but not the Pantera. I could be torquing, but that much?????

#2 Why is the BH on my Slayer 7"? It should be 6 1/2", but it is not. I understand that it can be out a bit, but is 1/2" not a bit too much? My Pantera and Slayer both have the same BH, 7". Well, 6 7/8" to be really finickity.

WHY?????

OK I didn't chime in yesterday cause I wanted to see if some one else could help.
So lets see if I can. First I would make sure your draw length is correct, as you know that is the first indication of a too long a draw. 2nd if it is only happening when you are tired I think you may being lazy in your form causing this (lazy because of being tired not because you are actually lazy:D). Also the shoot string on the larger NOS cams have a little less tension in them at rest than other cams possibly causing threm to move more forward toward the grip causing string slap.

To answer your last query it is possibly because of two senarios. The 1st senario is the cam is over rotated (lobe pushing into the string) causing a longer brace.
Lastly and the more probable is...remember there are three base cam sizes A,B and C. C will have bout a 7" brace and the rest will have proportionatly less brace every thing being =. so basically 6.5" is an avg. of all three.

Hope this helps, Scott

flytier17
08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
Immensly helpful. Thanks guys.

I have "C" on both bows.

The Pantera peaks lower, so what bfisher said about the string being slightly more slack might be a cause.

I have measured with an accurate ruler the BH and DL on both bows. they are Identical.

If I really concentrate on my hand and arm position, I never get slapped. But with my Slayer, I never have to concentrate. It is natural. Like a cast form. I pull back and settle naturally into my shooting form. My bubble is level immediatly, my anchor is comfrtable, and I never have to worry about anything in particular. My indications of me getting tired are:

#1 bubble has to be levelled at full draw. Usually, it is perfectly level automatically, requiring no specific corrections.
#2 I flinch when squeezing the trigger. Not punch, just flinch.
#3, I overdraw past the wall, and have to conciously settle back.

But, I have to REALLY concentrate EVERY shot with the Pantera on my arm. Maybe I have not settled well into that bow like I did my Slayer. If something is slightly off, I have a hard time settling into the bow. Not the bows fault, (I love the Pantera), just something being a freckle and a half a hair outta perfect. I settled into my slayer after 50 shots. I dropped my shoulder, and kinked my elbow a little. Draw went from 30 to 29.5, but I was truly settled. Now I guess I just have to worry about the setup. I will fool with the DL a bit. See what gives.

For the Slayer, I knew the cables had to be twsted a bit. Problem is, I did, and it had very little effest on the stats. So I just left it. Should I twist the string too, so as not to put the cams out of time?

flytier17
08-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Any comments on the panteras cam rotation?

flytier17
08-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Sorry if I hurt your feelings bfisher, I will send you a condolence and get-well card tomorrow.

bfisher
08-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Alec,

You ain't hurtin my feelings. Just joshin with ya.

Have you actually measured the draw length of the two bows for comparison? I really don't have much to offer in the way of help. Maybe if it was in front of me I could figure something out.

You could always ship the bow back to me. I'm getting some strength back (slowly) and can draw and control 45# now. Just mentioning this but my FireCat is set at 27", 45# and shooting 278 fps set up for 3D.

Just tonite I changed the rest getting it ready for hunting season. Like an idiot I put a Whisker Bisquit on it, mainly because I had a free one. Looks like it might work out OK. I might try the GKF Infiniti dropper after hunting season.

flytier17
08-15-2008, 08:49 PM
Post #1 "It is EXACTLY the same DL and BH as my Slayer. "
Post #9 "I have measured with an accurate ruler the BH and DL on both bows. they are Identical."

So for the 3rd and HOPEFULLY FINAL time, THEY ARE IDENICAL AT 6 7/8".

old fart...