PDA

View Full Version : Dyna Cam vs Nitrous Cam?

Montalaar
08-15-2008, 01:36 AM
I looked through some of the older catalogs where Nitrous Cam and Dynacam were sold. In those catalogs were also the Draw-Force-Curves printed (i wished they would do this for the newer cams also). Those Curves showed that the Dynacam has a much more aggressive draw cycle, the curve shows a longer peak weight than the Nitrous Cam.

If i am not absolutely wrong... should this not mean that the Dynacam could handle more energy to put into the arrow later? WOuld this not result in faster arrows? Questionsquestionsquestions.

scepterman30x
08-15-2008, 08:01 AM
I looked through some of the older catalogs where Nitrous Cam and Dynacam were sold. In those catalogs were also the Draw-Force-Curves printed (i wished they would do this for the newer cams also). Those Curves showed that the Dynacam has a much more aggressive draw cycle, the curve shows a longer peak weight than the Nitrous Cam.

If i am not absolutely wrong... should this not mean that the Dynacam could handle more energy to put into the arrow later? WOuld this not result in faster arrows? Questionsquestionsquestions.

You would think this to be true...however there are other factors to consider;such as:

1. AtoA length, limb length etc.
2. how many cams are giving you this draw force curve 1 or 2? Remember...if you have only one cam pulling this DFC it also has a idler that is retarding some of the energy compared to a 2 cammed bow which not only have two cams that will have this DFC but also no idler taking from the available energy.
3. lastley you have what may be the most important factor...hysteresis, retardation resulting from friction from a combination such as string to groove contact, cable slide contact with not only cables but also with the guard, bushing or bearing contact with axles etc.

bfisher
08-15-2008, 09:21 AM
What Scepterman says. Maybe this is why so many of us really like the Nitrous cams. Besides, no cam lean problems either.

flytier17
08-15-2008, 07:43 PM
What bfisher AND scepterman said...

I like the Nirtous because of the tunability and absence of nock travel. I am sold on duals...

Montalaar
08-19-2008, 08:04 AM
I never thought about changing the cam. I just looked through my folders full of martin stuff and wondered about it. Thanks guys. =)