PDA

View Full Version : martin or not

never owned a martin
08-15-2008, 11:03 AM
ive never owned a martin. i just recently sold my feather max. it was 5 yrs old. i just wanted a new bow. when i called the shop the guy was telling me about the new dsx and how awsome it was. i didnt expect the high price. is said is there anything compariable for less money. he said absolutly a martin moab. it worries be about the huge price difference. but i admit it is stupid to think you have to pay alot of money for a bow to get a good one. i have done alot of research on martin bows and can't find any complaintes. could someone tell my if a martin is as accurate as a matthews. i could put 4 in a 2 inch group at 20 yards with my feathermax.

scepterman30x
08-15-2008, 11:14 AM
Its the shooter that is accurate not the bow...however you will be more accurate just by knowing you have a Martin.:D I do believe Martin holds more world records than any other bow Co.

dbd870
08-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Its the shooter that is accurate not the bow

Absolutely. All the rest is just sales hype.

Go find a Pro dealer and try it, that's the best way to find out if you like it.

deerslayer81
08-17-2008, 10:53 AM
I have a martin bow and just bought my wife one for to reasons they are smooth and fast i have always shot hoyt bows until this past year ishot my buddies martin bow and was hooked sold my hoyt on ebay and bought a martin slayer got my wife a leopard its pulling 42lbs andshooting 225thats pretty fast for 42 lbs and you cant even hear the bow go off i can shoot ou to 40 yards with one pin so martin is the best i think

MOUNTIE1
08-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I owned a Martin Couagar Magnum 20+ years ago. It was my first compound bow. Since then, I have owned a Hoyt and for the last 13 years have shot PSE. I purchased a MOAB about a month ago after shooting Bowtech and Pearson and Diamond as well as the Martin Pantera and Firecat. I actually shot about 6 or seven bows. It came down to the Moab and the Diamond Marquis. I could tell little difference in the bows other than almost $300 dollars. I am extremely pleased with the Martin. The bow is quiet, smooth and plenty fast enough. I have not had to use it, but most on this forum say that Martin's customer service is second to none. Unless something drastic happens, I will never own anything but a Martin.