PDA

View Full Version : pro series martin slayer

Unregistered
08-16-2008, 03:40 PM
i cant get no more pounds out of it 29 in draw suppost to be 55 to70 lb but its bottomed out at 62 only shoots271fps

Montalaar
08-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Have you checked the Axle to Axle and the Brace height? Is everything correct?

bfisher
08-16-2008, 06:45 PM
Here is what I'd do. Back out one of the limbs so you can see the limb deflection code on the side near the butt end. There should be a number like 5H or something like that. There will be a number and then a letter with the letter being an L, M, or H. Then compare that number to what's on the Bow Cam Charts for the year and model of your bow, along wih the correct cam type.

If that checks out then do what Simon said and measure the brace height and A2A. It's possible that the string and cables aren't twisted enough to put the proper preload on the limbs. Considering that the bow is 8# shy of it's marked peak weight I'd say this is unlikely, though. Still, it doesn't hurt to check everyhting.

dbd870
08-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Martin does make 5# limb increments so you could have a 65# bow. My Cougar was labeled as a 55-70# bow but it has 65# limbs. I'm guessing they could have been changed somewhere along the way. Are you the original owner?