PDA

View Full Version : 08' Slayer X Finish Blemishes

logtamelk
08-19-2008, 09:58 AM
I was looking at the last 08' Slayer X that my Martin Dealer had trying to decide if I should trade up to it or an 08' Firecat when I noticed that there were a bunch of blemishes in the paint job on the riser above the handle, even some glops of paint; you'd really have to look closely at it to catch it because of the camoflauge. I also noticed that where the aluminum was cut out in different spots on the riser there was no paint, like on the back side of the sight window cut outs and down under the handle.

Does anyone own an 08' Slayer and are inside the riser cut-outs supposed to be painted?

This is the last Slayer my dealer has but I am really picky about quality so I might have him order me one if I trade up which I don't know how he'll feel about it since he has one in stock.

bfisher
08-20-2008, 02:36 PM
The risers are dipped, not painted, so yes this was a poor quality dipping job and it got by all those crazy inspectors. Must have been a Friday afternoon.

It won't hurt the functionality, but if you're a sticler for quality, and that';s what you're paying for, then have the dealer order you another one.

logtamelk
08-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Roger That; at $700 I am a stickler!