PDA

View Full Version : FPS of Moab (rookie question)

Sedg
08-21-2008, 12:04 AM
I purchased a Moab earlier in the spring and have enjoyed shooting it. I am now prepping for the fall hunt but unsure of what size grain head I should use for my broadheads. I am planning to use 100 grain - will this suffice? Another concern is my fps which is currently 225 using the chronograph.

My bow is set at 55#s and I'm using 28.5 inch length Easton Powerflight 400 arrows. Based on the type of bow/arrows I figured that I should be shooting in the upper 200s. Is there something that I am doing wrong or should I be using a different type of arrow (better quality or ligher) or does this sound accurate? Any advice would be helpful.

bfisher
08-21-2008, 02:27 PM
A little more detail wold be nice. Give complete bow specs such as peak weight, draw length, what all is on the string, etc. Also, can you weigh the arrows? How long are they, what fletching and tip weight now?

I'll take a look at come up with a ballpark figure for the arrow in the meantime.

The speed does sound slow, but there are too many variables to take a wild guess.

You might take a look at the thread started by Highlander. I have some suggestion on there for gaining more speed.

bfisher
08-21-2008, 02:33 PM
As of right now you need to weight the arrows. There is no data on Easton's website giving the arrow weight.

Elk4me
08-23-2008, 12:40 PM
The Easotn Powerflight 400's are 8.9GPI and Insert is 21gr Nock is 13 gr!

So with a 28.5" shaft, Nock and Insert I have you at 288gr this is without your vane of Choice added in and a FP of your desired weight! What veins are you using?

bfisher
08-23-2008, 09:04 PM
The Easotn Powerflight 400's are 8.9GPI and Insert is 21gr Nock is 13 gr!

So with a 28.5" shaft, Nock and Insert I have you at 288gr this is without your vane of Choice added in and a FP of your desired weight! What veins are you using?

Where did you find this info, if I may ask. Just in case I need to know it at a later date.

Elk4me
08-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Where did you find this info, if I may ask. Just in case I need to know it at a later date.
Now Barry if I told you all my secerts buddy I would have to Kill you!:cool: Just kidding buddy I looked in the Keystone Country Store Cataloge I have at my desk and called my buddys bow shop!:D