PDA

View Full Version : tunning older fury

shortshot
08-22-2008, 12:40 PM
I am trying to tune my older fury bow and am having a terrible time. I keep getting a right tear (nock right). I can make the tear worse but cannot make it go away. I've tried everything I can think of. I use a Golden Key Premire launcher rest. I use a loop and a Carter Quickie release. I shooting 2213 arrows at 26 1/2". I can still shoot targets with good accuracy but when a broadhead (thunderhead 100) is attached the arrow flys way to the left. To move the sight in in order to compensate would seem out of the question. I've sprayed the arrow with powder and they don't show any contact other than the rest prongs. I've tried different spine arrow up to 2315 and down to 2212. I still get a right tear. I have not had this problem in prior years that I can remember. I can tune the up and down just fine but the left right is not coming in. Any ideas? Right now, the tear is about 3/4" to the right of where the point goes through the paper. I shoot 62-63 #.

Montalaar
08-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Have you thought about doing some walkback tuning?

Oh, and what is the weight of your target tips and the weight of your broadheads?

shortshot
08-22-2008, 03:50 PM
Montalaar,

Thanks for the reply. I shoot 100 gr fieldtips and 100 gr broadheads. I have heard of the "walkback" tunning method but don't know how to do it. Can you briefly explain?

shortshot
08-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Montalaar,

I found "Walkback Tuning" on the web. The verdict is still out but I have had some significant success already using the 'walkback" method. It has worked especially well with my broadheads. I am so shot out from working with the bow that I was about ready to give up. That is a pretty harsh statement considering elk season opens next weekend. Thanks for suggesting it.

Montalaar
08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Oh, i am sorry that i did not explain it myself I just did not see that you have posted an answer here.

Great to hear that you have some success with the walk back method. I know some people that say walk back is more important than paper tuning and some others say it the other way round.

Wes Stigall
08-31-2008, 07:19 PM
check --cam lean that can cause your problem also -grip and release--:(

Wes Stigall
08-31-2008, 07:23 PM
SORRY-but i forgot a cause i had with my furry --axel bushings--cleared it up .:( good luck -

mmcaleer
01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
I just did the same with my Fury today. Walk Back Tuning DOES work! Here is the link http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=498114

I tuned my Fury in less than 45 minutes on the range. I am now shooting perfect out to 60 yards :D

Give it a try.

Mike