PDA

View Full Version : Panther NOT PLEASED

Andy
08-22-2008, 06:59 PM
My son received a Panther as a gift in the spring of 2006 . I think it's a 2000 model .
It sat in a store untell 2004 , then a friend of mine bought it as a back up bow on for himself or his twin boys . It was never shot and still had the tags on it . So the other day my son was shooting and one of cables by the bottom cam in one shot cut the serving and half the cable. So we get new cables and string put on it and when we draw it , we see the string miss the string stop and slices into the serving on the same cable as before . So now the bow gets taken apart at a Martin dealer and the bottom cam falls in two pieces and he says the top limb is cracked too. He calls his rep. and new limbs and same cams would be $160.00 which is a great price, but I Called Martin the day before and they said the cams are no longer available , but it can be recamed and new cables and string for about $260.00 { didn't know about the cracked top limb at the time} . Stopped at some other archery shops and they said Martin had some bad cams about 2000 on some bows .
Now not sure if I should fix it .I don't want to have old cams on it and maybe get two years out of it . Anybody else know of bad cams about the year 2000 on a Martin .

Montalaar
08-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Sounds like bad luck, uh? No warranty on the bow and then just got one with broken limbs and broken cams. Didn't you see anything on that bow?

Could it be that you had the Tru-Arc+ Cams? I think they had some problems with them so they were changed for free. Your friend should have asked for newer cams as martin would have changed them for free.

If setting up the bow with other cams you can also ask for a newer M-Pro Cam. This would make his bow to e special one and give him the newest single cam technology.

Andy
08-23-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm not so sure the limb is cracked . It looked liked a sliver on a sharp edge
about the dim. of a hair was loose maybe an inch long . It's still at the shop,
I'll find out more on Mon. I shot a PSE Diablo today that I liked alot and there
$400 . I'm thinking of getting him and I one , and put the Martin in the trash .
You know how your first hunting bow made you feel when you started hunting . I think Martin lost a customer for life with him now .