PDA

View Full Version : Question about new Martin Bow...

Tyler33
08-23-2008, 04:12 AM
I am new to Martin, not new to archery...I recently received a Martin bow as a gift, and I have completely been misinformed about Martin bows...This is seriously the most accurate bow I have ever had.

My question has to do with the kind of Martin bow it is...When I get a bow, I like to know EVERYTHING there is to know about it, and I could not seem to find any info on the "Monster Buck" Martin Bow..."Monster Buck" is what it says on the bottom of the bow, and when I researched I could not find any info on it...I started researching more and more, and the more I researched Martin bows in general, I realized that my bow looks EXACTLY like the Martin Leopard...So what I was wondering is, maybe Monster Buck is the type of package that comes on the bow, and the Leopard is just the bare bones bow? I guess what I am asking is, do I have a Martin Leopard with a Monster Buck package, or does my bow just look exactly like the Leopard, but it is called Monster Buck? I really have no idea, so any info would be helpful!

Here is a picture of my bow...

Tyler33
08-23-2008, 04:56 AM
After researching the site a bit more, i found that the "Monster Buck" bow is a bow that is specially sold at Dick's Sporting Goods...Since I have read on, I have read that some people say this bow is for women and children, but I would not recomend this bow for a kid...Maaaaybe a woman who is experienced could use this bow, but I would definately say this bow is mostly used by guys who have shot before.

Anyways, if anyone has any info on if this bow is really just a Leopard with parts already installed and they just called it a Monster Buck, or what? I would really love some more info on this situation.

bfisher
08-23-2008, 07:23 AM
I think you got it right. It does look like a Leopard, but it could be a Cheetah, too. They look almost identical. Best way to find out is to measure the axle to axle length and compare them to these two bows. Then look at the specs in a catalog or on this sight.

The reason someone recommends it for younger shooters or women is not because of the length, but because it can be had with the mini-MPro cam which allows for shorter draw lengths down to about 22" and lighter limbs with draw weights of 25-40#.

Tyler33
08-23-2008, 04:58 PM
yeah, this one definately does not have the mini-Mpro cam...i guess they just used a leopard or cheetah body.