PDA

View Full Version : Have a question about a firecat

Bigham
08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I just got into archery again. With not having the funds to go out and buy a new set up ,my wife cousin is lettin me use his bow . The bow shoots great the local pro shop tells me that the bow is a late 80s or early 90s model. The tag has been worn , cant see the details on it . But it is working fine with me on draw length and such , the question I have is the draw weight , it is set at 73 pounds and the pro shop is telling me that it can not be turned down anymore . Does this sound right ? any info you all and tell me would be vary helpfull. I am told its a mans bow and how my arms feels after shooting it awhile I can see why..

Montalaar
08-26-2008, 01:01 AM
We can not say if your shop says the right things. If it is an older Firecat you should be able to tighten the limb bolts. Then you can check the draw weight. I think also the older firecat can be turned down by 15 lbs so you can guess what is the minimum draw weight. If nothing changed to the newer bows that means that you have 5 full turns of limb bolts. Maybe bfisher or dbd will know it better, they have much more experience with older bows. Esspecially with bows that are older than me. ;)

Has this Martin bow wooden limbs or not?

Maybe you can also post some pictures, i like to have a picture of what we talk about. An i just collect pictures of older bows. =)

dbd870
08-26-2008, 03:53 AM
Martin did make some heavy draw weight bows. I've seen a 90# Lynx wheel bow! It's quite possible the shop is right. It sounds like you may have one with 90# limbs. That gives you a 75-90# adjustment range. There are some things I don't need. :eek:

Bigham
08-26-2008, 03:14 PM
thanks for that info ill try to post some pics soon.