PDA

View Full Version : Release Question

MOUNTIE1
08-26-2008, 09:36 AM
I recently purchased my first new bow in 13 years. I got a completely new setup...except for my release. I have shot an old three finger revolver "T" handle thumb release for 20 years. I have always loved this release and is the last thing I would have ever considered changing. Until now, I have always shot off the string. This new bow is my first experience with a loop. I am now considering a wrist strap release and have tried several. I like the Scott products very much. One of the guys at the shop said to absolutely not shoot a single jaw release with a loop. Basically, the release I shoot now works much like a single jaw and seems to shoot fine. The only reason I am considering switching is the head does not rotate as freely as some of the new releases and I am concerned a little with string torque and wear on the loop. Opinions?

Montalaar
08-26-2008, 01:21 PM
If you like shooting with a wrist strap release and a D-Loop you should consider trying it and buy one. If it will not work out you can always remove the D-Loop and shoot from the string with your older Release.

I shoot a Wrist Release by TRU myself and i am very happy with it. And i do not think that a Release with a single jaw has to be a bad solution. There are loads of Releases with a single jaw, just look at all those Carter Releases, aren't they equipped with only one jaw? They work really good so i do not see a problem there. For sure you will find reasons why a single jaw release will nto work perfect, but you still have to select by yourself and what you feel best with.

dbd870
08-26-2008, 04:16 PM
I use a Scott and a D loop.