PDA

View Full Version : why does my string loop migrate north?

dmar
08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
still working on the rage magnum. single fuzion cam. turned back down to around 63# 29" draw. i noticed while trying to paper tune the string loop keeps moving up just a little from where tuning tells me to put it. i put a brass knock just under the bottom knot in the loop and after a few shots it moves up maybe 1/16" does'nt seem like it will keep going just likes to be there i suppose. i assume it is finding center of the string as i am pulling, but i can't move my ripcord rest up any further. also side note how many limbsavers is too many? or is there such a thing? i have two on each limb and removing any makes a noticeable difference in felt vibration and noise. bow is super quiet and i like it just wandering if i need to address some other cause of noise rather than limbsaver it to death?

thanks
d

Mtn Hunter
08-26-2008, 10:51 PM
I have shot Martins for years and have encountered the same problem a few years ago. Centered on my Martins is 90 degrees to the string dead center of the bolt hole for your rest. As for the noise draw your cables back a little bit and release them as if you were firing the bow, you might be surprised how much noise it can make if worn a little. A little touch of wax on your cable gaurd or a new teflon slide can remedy that. Also check to see if your stabilizer is the culprit by laying the bow on its side in the palm of your hand where the grip is and tapping the end of the stabilizer on the side, if you feel a vibration effect [like plucking a string] get rid of that stabilizer and try another one. Ive also found out that shooting most bows backed out more than 3 or 4 turns is harmful and creates a lot of noise. I hope some of this helps. Good huntin!:)

dmar
08-27-2008, 01:36 PM
Mtn Hunter, thanks for the help. i have looked at new cable guides. i like the idea of one in cabela's that looks like teflon rollers but don't know if it will work on my bow. i had the limbs cranked all the way down (too much for turkey) i backed off two and one half turns measures 63#. i guess these magnum limbs make it above 70# when bottomed out. checked the stabilizer and it sounds pretty solid when tapped. the bow is super quiet now i just needed to know how and if i needed to check other stuff. thanks for the help. now if i can find a good cable guide.