PDA

View Full Version : Firecat busted limbs again!!!

goinhtn63
09-03-2008, 04:56 AM
Well I just busted my third set of limbs on my Firecat yesterday. It is always the lower limb right at the pivot. I am shooting proper weighted arrows and no I'm not dry firing it.
So I am giving up on Martin bows and going with something else. To bad because I really liked my Firecat. The only thing I can come up with is that the new cams are to aggresive for the limbs.

Kevin..

dbd870
09-04-2008, 03:46 AM
Wait, Martin gave you a new already right? I've heard of a few incidents, but not that many; I'd be curious to know what's going on as well. I can't blame you, I'd be done with the CAT cams if this had happened to me. Did they offer you another bow? Even if I went with something else for a speed bow I'd still take them up on a new one without the CAT cams - say a S4 with Furious X's!

Aim4gold
09-04-2008, 05:39 AM
If they are offering, being the Slayer is also a C.A.T. system, why not try the MOAB :confused:

dbd870
09-04-2008, 06:20 AM
If they are offering, being the Slayer is also a C.A.T. system, why not try the MOAB :confused:

The only problem there is if he is after a speed bow, which is a reasonable assumption considering he bought a Firecat, the MOAB sure isn't one of those.

goinhtn63
09-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Ya I really want to stay with a speed bow but I probably need to get off that kick and just get a good shooting bow.

bfisher
09-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Have you talked to Jake or Joel at customer service? There may be an underlying problem with your particular bow. They may want to have a look at it and see what they come up with.

I don't think the problem is the cam. Usually if cams are too aggressive limbs are not going to fail near the base.

Believe me. They are interested in any problems that would hurt sales.