PDA

View Full Version : STS : Do they work on the '08 Cheetah?

Bucks on a Budget
09-04-2008, 05:05 PM
I find my '08 Cheetah to be unacceptably loud. I've checked all of my bolts for tightness and have added a slew of silencing devices: limbsavers, string bats, a SIMS stabilizer, and a SIMS cable guard dampner. The bow is set for 65# and I shoot a 418 gr. arrow. My bow should be whisper quiet. It's not.

Is the STS system going to dampen any more sound than the accessories I've added? Is the STS system worth a try? If so, which brand? I'd be curious to hear other peoples' experiences with the STS.

This is not to say that I don't love my Cheetah; I am stacking arrows at 40+ yards, I just think that it's too loud. Thanks

dbd870
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
We have the STS brand, helps on ours.

bfisher
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Have you checked the bow for proper cam orientation? There should be about 3/8" of groove showing where the string leaves the cam.

About the STS. I'm not sure about the Cheetah, but if it has a hole machined in the back of the riser below the grip you could get one from Martin that is made by and for Martin bows.

dbd870
09-05-2008, 03:49 AM
The Cheetah is going to take a front mount.

Elk4me
09-05-2008, 06:17 AM
The Cheetah is going to take a front mount.

If it is a 07 yoiu will need a front mount if it is a 08 you can get a Martin STS from your local dealer if it has a rear hole in the riser!

Mtn Hunter
09-05-2008, 12:19 PM
The sts didnt work on my cheetah, it just caused alot of problems with the peep coming out! What worked for me was just a simple set of limb savers. It eliminated almost all the noise.:)