PDA

View Full Version : Fatboys and Furious X

Aim4gold
09-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Anybody shooting fatboys or similar in a Scepter 4 with the furious X shoot thru system?
How are your vanes/feathers holding up?
I was planning on shooting some fatboys with feathers, it appears that my control cables are going wear the feathers out very fast?
Anybody have any experience here?

bfisher
09-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Have you tried using the long axle kit? I guess the largest shaft I've used is a GT 22 Series. I've shot them with 2" feathers for 3D and for hunting I use Duravane LP 400 vanes. The LP stands for low profile. I shot these out of a Pantera, P3, and ShadowCat, all with Nitrous X cams.

Aim4gold
09-04-2008, 07:55 PM
I think your right, the long axel kit is the ticket
Do they make more than 2 sizes?

Aim4gold
09-04-2008, 08:07 PM
I understand Martin makes 4 sizes of axel kits
Which would you recomend?

bfisher
09-05-2008, 10:18 AM
There are only two axle lengths. Standard is 2 1/2" long. The ones you want are 3 1/2" long (the whole kit) and are 3 1/2". Martin Item# is BP-102.

The kit comes with extra spacers. Those little doo-dads (anchors) that your cables attach to on the axles. If you don't need much more clearance you could put them on backwards with the slot on the inside. I like to keep everything as close to the limbs as I can to relieve excess stress on the axle ends. Your personal choice and application will dictate how you hook them up.

One you have it al together is there is just a tad of space left between the anchor and the E-clip don't wory about it.

Your dealer should be able to order them or if that is not possible then call 1-800-541-8902 (customer service). Maybe they'll sell them direct to you. Or maybe you'll get lucky and they'll just send them.

Hope this helps.

Barry (aka bfisher)