PDA

View Full Version : proper form

Cheeta2950
09-06-2008, 11:54 PM
Two poses, one with cobra wrist sling release, one with truball hand release.
I am looking for critique on form, gonna try to get more consistency in my shot to shot:o

dbd870
09-07-2008, 04:01 AM
What am I not seeing here, regardless of release it looks like the draw length of the bow is different in the 2 pictures? Don't draw you bow back without an arrow, if you should accidently touch the release or if the release lets go on you there could be serious damage to your bow. Put an arrow in it and point it in a safe direction.

Montalaar
09-07-2008, 06:31 AM
We could redirect you to Archerytalk and nuts& bolts.

Please use an arrow for that. Better damage the arrow or the wall than the whole bow.

If you will take another set of pictures try to aim somewhat higher as if you were shooting at 80yds or something around that distance.

Cheeta2950
09-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys. Went to nuts&bolts, real good info. Drawing w/o stick seems to be bad habit with people,MEEEE. Thanks for the advice. I am getting to practice inside apt., only 6yds but great for practice. I mount vid cam and can see what experts mean in comparison. Just need to remember not to stack into same spot, getting $$$:D

bfisher
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM
If you choose to go with the hand-held release the best position is to hold it either horizontal or with the back of your hand against your jawline somewhere. You are using it as you would if shooting fingers. This causes a lot of stress in the forearm.

I would be another one to tell you about Nuts&Bolts on AT. Although I could type a ton about form, it's already been done so many times and he is just so very good at it. Much more articulate than I.

Cheeta2950
09-09-2008, 04:14 PM
I have been going to nuts&bolts, great help! Thanks for the tip on the hand release, I could feel the difference.