PDA

View Full Version : Easton chart

aligator
09-11-2008, 05:58 PM
When using the Easton arrow shaft chart, What cam setting do you use for a 2008 Firecat?

Aim4gold
09-11-2008, 06:01 PM
The CAT would be considered a hard cam

aligator
09-11-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks, Just picked up a blue Firecat yasterday, hope I can call on you guys and gals for info.

bfisher
09-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey, call often. Maybe even join the small crowd. There are even a couple of us here that shoot FireCats.

Montalaar
09-12-2008, 02:19 AM
Including Bfisher. :P

Aim4gold
09-12-2008, 05:25 AM
Thanks, Just picked up a blue Firecat yasterday, hope I can call on you guys and gals for info.

Is this your first bow?

aligator
09-12-2008, 09:19 AM
No, I got my first bow an Oneida Pro eagle, last year for my 71 birthday( Im an old guy) had not shot since 1963. I just got my Martin Firecat, blue, w/Spot hogg Hog-it sight and Spot hogg Wammey rest.Wanted the experience of shooting different Bows. Having a great time in retirement. Its sites like this and folks like you all that have been a great help. This is me shooting with friends in Maine this summer.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/aligator96/2ndAnnualOneidaShootinMaine009.jpg

bfisher
09-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Boy could I pick your form apart, but prudence says to leave you alone for now. You've been around long enough to make your own decisions and do things your way. If you decide to join this small party of shooters then I'll pick on you later. With some humor and no malice intended, of course.

You really need to stick around and learn and help others. I'm 61 and tired (and retired) of being the old man around here.

I take it you're mainly a target/3D shooter by the look of the bow.

Barry

aligator
09-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Go ahead, I can use the help. I will be getting, lesson starting next week, I hope we both see an improvment.

bfisher
09-12-2008, 05:12 PM
What are you doing? Did you hire a coach? If so then I'll keep my nose out of it. Us coaches are wierd people. We value students that listen to only us till they don't need our coaching any more. That's when you move on and the coach moves on. By that time you should be a coach, too.

Give back to the sport.

aligator
09-12-2008, 05:37 PM
No not a real coach, the Archery shop has a 20 yard range, and give lessons. He won't be back for a few weeks. I welcome your comments. I will try them this week-end. thanks for your time and interest.
Joe
Northern Ca.

bfisher
09-13-2008, 06:48 PM
I can give you one good hint. Look up a user named Nut&Bolts on www.archerytalk.com. Or do a search on shooting form at the same site. Anything by N&B is outstanding.

That would save me about 3 days of typing. First you need pictures from head to toe from the front side, back side and slightly above and behind your drawing arm.

He can pick you apart and show you bad and good pictures. He's got it all right there.

Sounds like you have a pretty good shop there. One who cares about his customers. That's how they stay in business.