PDA

View Full Version : Cracked limb on Firecat, 1 week to season

hrtlnd164
09-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Hey guys I was out shooting this evening and started hearing a buzzing noise form the top limb area. After further inspection I found the limb was cracked from the center of the fork down about 3". It looks like it goes about all the way through. Biggest problem is our Pa. opener is next Sat....This bites. I know Martin is one of the best at customer service but what is the quickest way to resolve this. It's Saturday so I'm already going to lose tomorrow waiting for Monday...I just purchased the bow in August at the IBO worlds from the Martin booth. Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks.

Elk4me
09-27-2008, 08:27 PM
Contact Martin Directly at 1-800-541-8902 at 9 am PDT and ask for Joel or Jake and get the limbs shipped promptly. It is not hard to swap out limbs maybe 10 min tops!

hrtlnd164
09-28-2008, 06:54 AM
Thanks for the info, I will call them Monday morning. As far as the limb switch, I wasn't concerned about that to much. I do all my own work. Now I do have a question for all you Martin guys. I set this bow up using all the info I could get through threads on archerytalk, my set is 32 1/4" a-a, 6 15/16" brace, 59#s with limbs backed out 3/4 turn from bottom. I shoot 28" with mods set at 28 1/2" slot shooting easton axis arrows at 375grains total weight. cams are twisted up for the 1/8" between cable and post. Is this set-up creating exessive preload on the limbs or did I get the fluke problem that no-one wants? This is my first Martin and 1 month old with cracked limbs concerns me. I know the problem will be taken care of by Martin. I just don't want to continue having issues with this bow.