PDA

View Full Version : accuracy sucks!!!

dmar
10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
with this poor economy i can only afford to shoot two arrows at a time. last year while shooting three arrow groups at 25 yards my dadgum accurate MARTIN bow Robin Hooded two arrows together. then a few weeks ago, after deciding never to shoot groups closer than 40 yards and no more than two arrows a time it happened again!! today it is a little breezy here (15 to 20 mph.) so my thoughts were not of loosing my last two arrows by fusing them together but this blasted MARTIN bow of mine did it again. basically posting just to share tales of my accurate bow, but also would like to know how to get them apart (to shoot the one apparently good arrow). i know this site must have many Robin Hoods to help. can you cut the front one, and with what. is the back arrow damaged somewhere i cannot see. i have put the front arrow in a vise and pulled hard and nothing.

ready for big birds
d

Aim4gold
10-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Your "back" arrow should be fine

Quit shooting at single spots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dmar
10-03-2008, 10:01 PM
i like to shoot different spots and do most often. i actually roam around my target shooting from all sides and at various distances. i also like to see how arrows group, especially right before hunting, so i know that my quiver is stocked with arrows that shoot most alike. unfortunatly the two that shoot most similiar are now stuck. thanks for the info i will try to cut them apart.

thanks
d

flytier17
10-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I shoot 1 arrow per 10 yards per spot.

My FMJ's don't robinhood. I've split the 1st inch of aluminum sheath, dented a lot of arrows(but they still spin fine), and busted dozens of nocks, but no RH's. I love those FMJ's.

I have wrecked a lot of other arrows by RH or glancing strikes, but never any FMJ's.

So if you are looking for a more durable shaft, check out the FMJ's.

Also, I use UNI bushings on my Fatboys. Same deal, lots of busted nocks and bushings, but arrows still good.

Montalaar
10-05-2008, 01:50 AM
I never shoot any robin hoods. I use X7 Eclipse and A/C/Cs and i am shooting tight groups. Two days ago i shot 3 arrows at one small target from ~20 yards. Perfect groups but no arrow broken not even a nock broken. I could not slide a paper between my arrows but nothin damaged. I wonder why nothing gets broken.. I destroyed nocks from other arrows at a FITA but never damaged my own ones..

Oh, btw... Nive to see you again alec, it is really kind of a lonesome outpost without you and barry. Wonder where he is at the moment. Scuba?

dmar
10-05-2008, 11:27 AM
thanks guys for the information. will be looking into some of the arrows mentioned. i love my MARTIN bows (07 slayer and 01 rage). i know why they advertise "THE MOST ACCURATE BOWS IN THE WORLD" they are right. i have been looking into small diameter carbon shaft arrows and would like input from people on this forum. i shoot about 60# i have a trophy taker pronghorn on the slayer 28.5" draw, and ripcord on the rage 29". i mainly hunt turkey but am thinking of taking an antelope this year. (hear they taste like goat, and they live in my backyard)

flytier17
10-05-2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah, the small diameter arrows are great for hunting due to more penetration and less affect by wind. Look at the ACC's Monty mentioned and the FMJ's. Also, the NANO-fused carbons are a good all-carbon alternative to the FMJ.

flytier17
10-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Good luck with the pronghorns BTW...

flytier17
10-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Simon,

Been busy lately. School has started and work slowed down for me, so you should hear more form me now...

I also wonder where barry is. I need some infoon that Shadowcat NOS X he has...

TTYL,
Alec

Montalaar
10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
I believe Barry is on a Scuba trip. He mentioned something like that. I wonder when he will come back, without him we have a great loss of loads of experience here... :)