PDA

View Full Version : Draw stop

nocknroll
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
How much adjustment can be made with the draw stop? When I first got my bow it was set in the middle at the tick mark with the 4. I moved it up the scale one tick (shortened draw length a little) where it feels better. How much is each tick mark worth (going either direction)?

Thanks........

Montalaar
10-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Could you tell us something about your bow and your cam also..?

nocknroll
10-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Could you tell us something about your bow and your cam also..?

I'm sorry... 2008 MOAB, M-PRO cam, 28"DL (F4 mod)

Probably thinking too much but is there any benefit either way if I go to a 27" F-3 mod and moving the stop for a longer draw OR if I stay with the 28" mod and move the stop for a tad shorter draw?

Thanks...

Montalaar
10-13-2008, 12:58 PM
You can not use the Drawstop for a longer draw with a module for a shorter one. The cable will attach to the module first and you will not benefit from the draw stop.

If you stay with your draw length and move the draw stop a bit to the shorter side you will be able to decrease your lettoff from maybe 80% to 70% and you will get a 'rock solid wall'. ;)

nocknroll
10-19-2008, 11:54 AM
So if my drawstop is in the center of the scale (the tick marked 4) does that mean I'm already at a shorter drawlength than 28" (F4 mod)? It feels rock at this setting already. What happens if I go beyond this? The scale is numbered from 1 (least amount of available draw) to 4 (center of the scale) then I can move the stop further (but the tick marks aren't numbered):confused:.

Montalaar
10-19-2008, 03:21 PM
I would have to check this to give you a answer you can rely on but if you move the draw stop further your wall will become softer because the cables are hitting the cam module before the draw stop peg is hitting the limb.