PDA

View Full Version : 08 Slayers

Bart Thring
10-10-2008, 03:54 AM
Does anyone know anything about the 08 slayer (cat cams) limb pocket washers? why are they there and what do they do?:o

bfisher
10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Frm what I gather, they are ther to keep the limbs from bottoming against the riser. I don't know if Martin was having a limb problem, but apparently they are using a slightly heavier limb on the Slayer than originally designed so without the washers the limbs will produce more poundage than advertised with them removed.

I have a sneaky feeling that this is done to remove some of the extra stress created by the Cat cams so hat limbs will last a lot longer. Safety issue, if you know what I mean.

scepterman30x
10-13-2008, 08:38 AM
Frm what I gather, they are ther to keep the limbs from bottoming against the riser. I don't know if Martin was having a limb problem, but apparently they are using a slightly heavier limb on the Slayer than originally designed so without the washers the limbs will produce more poundage than advertised with them removed.

I have a sneaky feeling that this is done to remove some of the extra stress created by the Cat cams so hat limbs will last a lot longer. Safety issue, if you know what I mean.

Looking at everything; what I believe they are doing is basicly angling the limb pockets without actually physicaly doing it. If you notice the A/A has been about 38" verses 36" for the C.A.T. system. So basically they are deflected about the same with the limbs backed out.