PDA

View Full Version : firecat pro x noise check

rob
10-14-2008, 08:46 PM
If anybody has a firecat will you try something for me? pull your bow back about 3-4 inch with your fingers and let it go and see what it sounds like. they say it should make a thud sound but mine sound more like 2 peterbuilts in a head on crash. (not really that bad ) i sent it back to martin and they said it was fine. it makes the same sound when i shoot also. some of you guys have herd my story before. iv pulled everything off and tried also. dont get me wrong the bow shoots great and is one of the finest i have had. i love the bow i just think its a little on the loud side.

banshee42096
12-11-2008, 06:15 AM
i dont think im going to do the 3-4 inch release but i can say my bow noise isnt there its very very quiet.loudest noise i hear is the arrow hitting the target.

border
12-11-2008, 05:16 PM
My FC is probably quieter now, since I removed the whiskers and got rid of that peep rubber cord, then it was before. Nothing on the string but loop and string peep, decidedly faster now too. That STS works well...Have you shot many other brands of bows recently? I doubt it's louder then they are and may seem loud to you when someone standing next to you might not hear the same thing.

vision archery
12-11-2008, 08:15 PM
My firecat had some noise in the top cam and they replaced the bushings in it. Mine had like a rattle in it. It seems to have helped but a bow always seems to have some noise when you are the one shooting it. I'll know more after my new limbs arrive.