PDA

View Full Version : Martin shim kit

pragmatic_lee
10-15-2008, 08:34 AM
Had a friend do some work on my S4 on Monday - replace strings, cam bushings, mod bushing, shims, etc.

He pulled out a kit that included lots of various size shims for Martin bows. He said he got the kit through LAS, but I can't find it in their catalog. (I'd ask him, but he is on a hot air balloon trip right now and hate to interrupt his "fun").

Wondering if anyone knows where this kit can be purchased and also extra cam and mod bushings. I'd like to not only replace the ones he put on my bow, but I'm always looking for more "spare parts".

bfisher
10-15-2008, 08:44 AM
Lancaster has one. It's put together by Apple. Part number 1160009 and it's $12.99.

pragmatic_lee
10-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Lancaster has one. It's put together by Apple. Part number 1160009 and it's $12.99.

Thanks - that exactly what I was looking for! Only thing is the price is now $13.99. ;)

I imagine I'd have to contact someone at Martin for extra cam brass bushings and the "fiber" mod bushings.(??)

bfisher
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks - that exactly what I was looking for! Only thing is the price is now $13.99. ;)

I imagine I'd have to contact someone at Martin for extra cam brass bushings and the "fiber" mod bushings.(??)

You have an S4. What cam? I'm pretty sure all the cams have roller bearings in them. Why would you need brass and fiber bushings?

pragmatic_lee
10-16-2008, 08:16 PM
You have an S4. What cam? I'm pretty sure all the cams have roller bearings in them. Why would you need brass and fiber bushings?

I have the Furious X cams - they have brass bushings. The fiber bushing mount in the mods.

bfisher
10-18-2008, 07:30 PM
OK, thanks. I didn't know anybody used brass these days. Not that it matters. I have owned a lot of bows that had brass and never wore one out.