PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah peep sight help

Unregistered
10-18-2008, 07:55 PM
Just got a Cheetah and was dialing in the sights etc. Got it about right when I put it down to get aphone call. I picked it back up and the peep sight was out of the string. I sure didn't throw it down, I have no idea how it ocurred. But I suppose I am going to have to start fro scratch, or can anyone advise roughly how far up the string it should go? How do I put it in...? Bow press only at the local shop?

many thanks for any help. - One last note, I did back off the limbs to 61 lbs. in the event that had anything to do with it. My weenie *** was having a tough time going to 70 form an old dinasaur bow at 56lbs.

~Austin~
10-18-2008, 09:03 PM
Mine sits about 8.5 inches from the top cam axle. The best way to find the proper placement is to come to a full draw and look at your sight. A straight line between your eye and the sight is where it should go. Have someone mark it for you. Not that I advise doing it, but I have pried the string apart with a screwdriver or some other very dull object in the past. You can also back the limb bolts out far enough to loosen the string on martins.

bowgramp59
10-18-2008, 10:49 PM
back the limbs off and use a press if possible, digging around on the string will usually fray the string! i set my peep about 120 mm or 4.5 " from the center of the d loop ,you can ajust it up or down a little to fit.

2008 moab
2008 bengal

TexasMoon
10-19-2008, 06:37 AM
I sure appreciate the input. Clearly I am a newbie with a LOT to learn, but I am thrilled with the sport so far. First tried over ten years ago on an old compound and just picked it up again for the season. Now I am fired up and grouping fairly well I might add. Have to admit though, my fingers are taking a beating. Used to about 56lbs... Anyway, just wanted to express my gratitude and looking forward to learning more.;)