PDA

View Full Version : Cracked limbs

wildeboer
10-21-2008, 11:33 AM
I bought a '07 Martin Cheeta new from a Martin dealer almost 500miles away end of March this year.
Two weeks after I received my bow I noticed a small crack in the top limb, I phoned the dealer and he promised to send me a replacement limb.
Now almost 6 months later- nothing. The dealer comes with all sorts of excuses:mad:
I wish Martin was made a local brand... I did send 2 emails to Martin themselve but only received an electronic email stating that they received my emails.
I even included my bow's serial number and all the necassary information, nothing, nada

selil
10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Xxx

dbd870
10-21-2008, 05:35 PM
I'd let Martin know about the kind of service you recieved from that dealer as well.

pragmatic_lee
10-21-2008, 06:02 PM
You guys do realize that the OP is from South Africa - phone calls probably won't be quite so easy for him. :)

selil
10-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Xxx

Montalaar
10-22-2008, 03:03 AM
It would definately be. That would give me the chance to get into contact with them, too... maybe you should leave a note on Terrys desk, selil. :)

wildeboer
10-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I was venting a little bit, you guys are lucky in the sense that your bows are locally manifactured and the guys are not overseas...
I spoke to my dealer yesterday again and threatened him a bit:eek:, we have a local bowforum in South Africa where we mention bad service/experiences rendered, etc. and a lot of people read it.
Hopefully he will start doing something now, he got 6 months of summer now before I hunt again with bow. For the time being I'm using my crossbow